Original Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas PDF Download
Forward from Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas
The International Society for Krishna Consciousness was established in New York in the year 1966. After my arrival in the United States in September of 1965, I personally underwent a difficult struggle, and in 1966 I rented a storefront and apartment at 26 Second Avenue. When ISKCON was incorporated, a boy named Chuck Barnett joined me, along with a few others, to form the nucleus for the institution’s future development. At this time I used to chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra underneath a tree in Tompkin’s Square Park in New York. Sriman Barnett and another boy, Bruce, were the first to begin dancing in front of me, and others in the audience joined them. The New York Times published a report of this, with our picture and a headline declaring that I was attracting the younger generation to the Hare Krishna movement.
To download Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas please click on the book cover image on the left.
Later both Chuck and Bruce, along with others, became my initiated disciples, and still later, in 1970, both took sannyasa, receiving the names Acyutananda Svami and Brahmananda Svami. Now Brahmananda is preaching in Africa, and Acyutananda is preaching in India.
When I became sick in 1967, I left the United States and returned to India. Srlman Acyutananda could not remain separated from me, and therefore he joined me in Vrindavan when I was staying there. Since then, Acyutananda Svam1 has worked very hard in India. He has preached extensively in Calcutta and other parts of Bengal, he has learned how to sing in Bengali and play mrdanga like a professional, and now he has compiled this book of Bengali songs with English explanations.
I am greatly pleased to see this collection of songs composed by Thakura Bhaktivinoda, Narottama dasa and other great acaryas of the Gaudiya Vaisnava community (sampradaya). Songs composed by the acaryas are not ordinary songs. When chanted by pure Vaisnavas who follow the rules and regulations of Vaisnava character, they are actually effective in awakening the Krishna consciousness dormant in every living entity. I have advised Sriman Acyutananda Svami to sing more songs of the Vaisnava padavadali and record them in books so that my disciples and others in the Western countries may take advantage of this chanting and thus advance in Krishna consciousness more and more.
I confer all my blessings upon Acyutananda Svami for his genuine attempt to advance in Krishna consciousness. I hope he will thus advance more and more and never be hampered by maya. We should always remember the danger of maya’s influence and endeavor to save ourselves from her great power. We must therefore always merge in the transcendental mellow of kirtana-rasa, for kirtana-rasa is the safest situation within this material world. Hare Krishna.
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- Srimad-Bhagavatam Original Edition PDF Download
- Bhagavad-Gita As It Is Original 1972 Edition Free PDF Download
- Teachings of Lord Kapila Free PDF Download
- Original Sri Caitanya-caritamrta PDF Downloads
- Original Songs of the Vaisnava Acaryas PDF Download
- Teachings of Queen Kunti Free PDF Download
- Krishna the Reservior of Pleasure & Who is Crazy PDF Download
- Srila Prabhupada’s Delhi Bhagavatam PDF Download
- Easy Journey to Other Planets PDF Download
- Easy Journey to Other Planets Original Indian Edition PDF Download
- The Krishna Consciousness Movement is Authorized PDF Download
- Sri Isopanisad 1969 Editon PDF Download
- Krishna Consciousness — The Matchless Gift PDF Download
- The King of Knowledge — Raja Vidya — PDF Download
- Dialectic Spiritualism – A Vedic View of Western Philosophy – PDF Download
- Beyond Birth and Death (1972 Edition) PDF Download
- The Perfection of Yoga 1972 Edition PDF Download
- Letters From Srila Prabhupada PDF Download
- On Chanting Hare Krishna Booklet Original Edition PDF Download
- The Nectar of Instruction (1976) PDF Download
- Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers (1977) PDF Download
- Nectar of Devotion (Original 1970 Edition) PDF Download
- Elevation to Krishna Consciousness (1973) PDF Download
- KRSNA, The Supreme Personality of Godhead PDF Download
- Transcendental Broadcast — a Television Interview with Srila Prabhupada PDF Download
- On The Way To Krishna PDF Download
- The Krishna Consciousness Movement is the Genuine Vedic Way PDF Download
- Teachings of Lord Caitanya PDF Download
- Original Letters from Srila Prabhupada PDF Download
- The Hare Krishna Cookbook — 1972 — PDF Download
- The Science of Self-Realization (1977) PDF Download
- Light of the Bhagawata (1984 — First Edition)