Women are different to men... They have a different role in society

>In article <3qql31$cnc@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au> you write:
>>Has anyone considered it might just be that women and men were designed to
>>perform different roles in society?
>
>Men and women were not designed.

How do you know?

>Societies developped assigning different
>roles to men and women.

The roles are naturally assigned. Men are stronger. Naturally they protect the
women. Woman have the children and have a strong bond with them so naturally they
want to be close to them and raise them.

>>It seems many of the women want to become "men".
>
>Appearances are apparantly deceiving.  Many of these women want the freedoms
>that societies have given only to the men; but this in no way means that
>they want to change their biological or emotional structures.

Women should be protected. If they are given absolute freedom they will be
exploited by men. That is what is happening now and it is what the men want. They
want to be able to have sex with any women and not have to be responsible for the
women or the child... The women want it too. They want to enjoy sex with many men
without worrying about children... But the result is a hellish world. No one is
happy. It is _not_ good.

>>Of course this may be allright... but do most men want to
>>marry these "man-like" women?
>
>This is a societal question.  The women are "man-like" only in their refusal
>to accept restrictions that their societies have placed on their range of
>actions.  If some (or most) men wish to marry women who submit to artificial
>limitations on their freedoms, that is sad for those men, as well as for the
>women that they wish to oppress.

Most men do want to marry such women and most women want strong "manly" husbands.
It's more than a societal question, it's the natural way of things..

>>Actually we are not women or men,
>
>We are people who posess male or female bodies.
>
>>we are eternal spirit souls...
>
>Oops!  The word "actually" cannot modify this.  This is unverifiable opinion.
>In fact, scientifically, this cannot be so since "eternal" existance is
>contrary to science [Look up entropy.].

Science is not a very good authority. They know nothing about the soul. Their
ideas carry no weight in this area. Here the authority is the Bhagavad-gita(4.13):

                         dehino 'smin yatha dehe
                           kaumaram yauvanam jara

                         tatha dehantara-praptir
                          dhiras tatra na muhyati

"As the embodied soul continuously passes, in this body, from boyhood to youth to
old age, the soul similarly passes into another body at death. A sober person ls
not bewildered by such a change."

>>I am in a man's body now but my next body may be a women's...
>
>Or you may no have another body after death.
>
>>So we are all equal.
>
>In the following way, yes.  But this statement is really too general.
>
>>There is no difference in the quality of a man's soul and a women's
>>soul...
>
>Sure.
>
>>But the bodies are different, they are designed to perform
>>different tasks...

_This_you_cannot_argue_with!

Thank you. Hare Krishna.