post on alt.drugs.chemistry and everything else

>Your post on alt.drugs.chemistry did not seem to go over too well.
I haven't seen the response but it wasn't really a good idea. I know that now and
will take a different approach in the future. It was not however completely
useless... You have written to me and some others also...

Don't
>you feel it was a bit rude to post it across dozens of groups which have
>unrelated topics?  I understand a fair amount of what you say, and I
>visited your home page.

Well perhaps... It depends on whether they like it or not. It's the first time I
have done anything like this so I didn't really know. But now I know! It has to be
at least somehow related to the group! [Which is fair enough actually so I suppose
it was a bit rude]

> I can imagine you felt it was important to get
>the message across to everyone.  But that was how YOU felt, and
>disregarding how others would feel is not in itself good karma.

Well we are working for Krishna so karma doesn't really come into it... You get
karma if you are doing something for yourself but if it's for Krishna it's
transcendental.

>I am sure your intentions were good, but I suggest you look closer at
>your means, because they never justify the end.  If nothing else, this is
>true because justification is a trap.

Well sometimes the means justify the end. It all depends on the situation really.

>Little in your home page is new to me,

Yes. I'm not very happy with it myself [at least the "Changing the Face of the
Earth" bit]. It's very 80's and a lot of water has gone under the bridge since I
wrote it in about '89. It's got the environmental issue as a backdrop which is a
bit of a problem because people don't seem so concerned about those things any
more...

Now it is very different. I don't know what you feel about these things. I would
like to hear. What are people interested in now? I find the "been there done that"
mood is very common... And I fear mostly people are becoming more and more
materialistic, more and more atheistic, generating more an more bad karma and
heading for a very miserable existence in hell. It is not so good...

>and I choose to leave you with a
>quote I once heard of a buddhist monk in reference to the 'rightness' of
>eating plants intead of animals:
>
>"When we say plants do not feel pain, what we mean is that they do not
>scream so loud."

Yes. Unfortunately the Buddhists have become very degraded. The whole idea of Lord
Buddha's philosophy was ahimsa, non-violence. Now they are coming up with all
sorts of excuses to break  their own principles. And the people in general love
it. There's no God, daily sex is a recommended healthy activity, you can eat meat,
drink, take drugs.. Its all ok...

Funny thing I saw an amusing Buddhist tag-line myself today which I will leave you
with.

"Many teachers in their pride, vainly boast that they know nothing, but it is Tofu
[Roshi] alone who has truly succeeded in achieving total ignorance."

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!