The Flat Earth? - Conclusion

Dear Mathew

Thank to for your letter.

>This definition explains to me what you said.  It doesn't explain it >to others.
They might have an entirely different def. for fool.  >Furthermore, if they
misunderstand it, they are likely to dislike >you.  I just don't see how calling
people fools converts them.  But >then again, maybe I am blind.

No you are right. It is not a very good preeching tactic I agree.

>> >I am one believer (in God) that is not
>> >so convinced that so many people are fools or rascals.
>>
>> We are all foolish. That's why we're here. We are trying to be happpy
>> independantly of God..

<snip>

>     I believe staying and helping in this time of despair is probably the
>most noble of missions.  Most don't want to be helped, that makes helping them
>to want to be helped the most difficult task.

Yes. It is very difficult and becoming much more so unfortunately. Atheism is
really on the increase...

I saw this today [and I have seen other posts like it too]:

: There seems to be a lot of Christian preaching going on on campus by
: various groups.  My goal, as a moral agnostic who thinks organized
: religion is nothing more than a "tool of the man", is to debunk these
: people.  I was quite successful tonight... to the point that all of
: the people that gathered around our discussion agreed with me, but the
: Christian preacher dude that I was debating seemed pretty helpless

: himself, and I'm sure much stronger competition is around the corner.

: So I am looking for ammunition.  Anything you can send will help.  I'm
: looking for stuff that either helps to debunk the whole concept of
: Christianity/organized religion, or the sins that have been committed
: in the name of Christianity.  I don't want to bias you by telling you
: what I already know and have used, since every fresh perspective on an
: old issue may be of help.

: Thanks in advance,
: alex

So that's what they want to do. Smash religious people...

>  It is important that the help
>offered is comfortable for the helpee whenever possible.  Good luck in your
efforts.
>Maybe we can support eachother in the forums now and again.  We don't have
>identical ideas, but for the most part, we can agree, and it helps when more than
>one person is there to testify.

Yes. It would be nice.

>     Do you only post to new-theories, or do you tackle other forums as well?

I move around a bit. Basically the Internet is a very demoniac place. There are
nice people out there but as soon as the atheists see you talking to them they
move in for the kill. And you can't talk logic to them... They don't have very
sound arguments but when you point that out to them they just yell and scream.
It's very difficult.

I have a WWW site at http://www.peg.apc.org/~shelter Perhaps you might like to
have a look.