The Scientific Theory of the Soul

Hello. Hare Krishna.

Thanks for the letter.

I agree the evolution theory is a dogma. It's blind faith in something which is
completely illogical. It is motivated by envy. They don't want to accept God, a
Supreme Person, someone more powerful than themselves. I saw someone post an
article on evolution and they called it a "fairy-tale for grown ups." I think that
is a good description.

You have said you find it hard to put your faith in an authority that is
"difficult to contact in any immediately obvious way" and that is natural. We
can't understand God directly. That's why Krishna sends His bona fide
representative, the spiritual master. The real spiritual master is easy to contact
and he can help you get in contact with Krishna. That is the process. But these
days there are so many cheating gurus and that has spoiled everything. So many
people have been cheated... But still if you want to find the truth you still have
to find a real guru... Krishna will help you.

As far as "getting there in the end" it is not a very good philosophy. We have
been in this world since time immemorial. Once we come to the material world we
become more and more entangled. It is like a fly struggling to get out of a
spiders web. It just gets more tightly bound up. So you should take the chance
now, while you have the human form of life, for there is no guarantee you will get
a human body in the next life. You may "get there in the end"... but the "end" may
be many billions of lifetimes away, however if you seriously take to Krishna
consciousness you can go back home, back to Godhead directly on leaving this body.
It is much better!

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!