Raghunatha das Gosvami

Dear Hansadutta Prabhu

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

It appears I will have to stay in Australia until the beginning of October. So
perhaps after that time I could go to Singapore?

I have written to you because I have just been reading about Raghunatha dasa
Gosvami in the Sri Caitanya-caritamrta (Adi-lila Chapter 10). I include a small
section below:

"Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami intended to go to Vrndavana to see the lotus feet
of Rupa and Sanatana and then give up his life by jumping from the top of
Govardhan Hill [this is after Lord Caitanya and Svarupa Damodara had disappeared]

"So he came to Vrndavana and visited Srila Rupa and Sanatana Gosvami's and offered
them his obeisannces. Rupa and Sanatana, however, did not allow him to jump from
Govardhana Hill. Instead they accepted him as their third brother and kept him in
their company.

"Because Ragunatha dasa Gosvami was an assistant to Svarupa Damodara, he knew may
things about the external and internal features of the pastimes of Lord Caitanya.
Thus the two brothers Rupa and Sanatana always used to hear of this from him.

"Raghunatha dasa Gosvami gradually gave up all food and drink but a few drops of
buttermilk. As a daily duty, he regularly offered one thousand obeisances to the
Lord, chanted at least one hundred thousand holy names and offered obeisances to
two thousand Vaisnavas. Day and night he rendered service within his mind to
Radha-Krishna, and for three hours a day he discoursed about the character of Lord
Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami took three baths daily in the
Radhakunda lake. As soon as he found a Vaisnava residing in Vrndavana, he would
embrace him and give him all respect. He engaged himself in devotional service for
more than twenty-two and a half hours a day, and for less than two hours he slept,
although on some days that was also not possible. I am struck with wonder when I
hear about the devotional service he executed. I accept Srila Rupa Gosvami and
Raghunatha dasa Gosvami as my guides."

Srila Ragunatha dasa Gosvami Ki Jaya!

Srila Prabhupada Ki Jaya!

Your servant