Bhagavad-gita

Dear Heather,

Hello, Hare Krishna!

It is better if you quote the verses. I can answer you more easily then. Are you
reading Srila Prabhupada's "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" or another translation? There
are many translations, but mostly they don't present the direct meaning. That is
the special quality of Srila Prabhupada's translation, it is "As It Is"...

Detachment means to not be attached to material sense pleasure, but we can't be
detached actually. Detachment from one thing is only possible if there is
attachment to something else. So we have to become attached to Krishna, then we
will automatically become detached from material sense pleasures. We cannot become
desireless or void, rather we have to transform our attachment from material sense
pleasure to Krishna. The best way to become attached to Krishna is to always chant
the Maha Mantra, Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare/ Hare
Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare.

Send me the verses...

Looking forward to hearing from you again,

Madhudvisa dasa