A Teacher

Bcc:
Dear Joe

Thanks for your letter and I am very happy to hear you are reading the Bhagavad-
gita.

I would suggest you read "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" by His Divine Grace A.C.
Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada however. There are many translations of the Gita
and most are not "As It Is". Mostly the translators have let their own ideas into
their translations and not clearly presented the original message. Srila
Prabhupada has also written many small, introductory books, which are very easy to
read and a good way to find out about the philosophy of the Gita. Some of my
favorites are "Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers", "Science of Self Realization"
and "Beyond Birth and Death".

There is a lot of text on my home-page (about 5Mb) so there is some reading there
to. You might like to check out the link related to other religions. There is a
conversation with Srila Prabhupada and a Christan monk there entitled "Christ and
Krishna - The Name is the Same" and others as well. It is at:

    /~balarama/warticles.html

God is in all of our hearts. He doesn't see the distinctions of Christian, Hindu,
Muslim, etc; He is looking for our sincere desire to reestablish our relationship
with Him. So you can pray to Him to help you also.

Feel free to write if you have any questons and I wish you success in your search
for God. It is the real purpose of life. Mostly people are bewildered by the
bright lights of the material world, but this world is not all it seems to be, the
real happiness, the real pleasure we are looking for is not here at all. It is in
the spiritual world, the Kingdom of God. So our business is to use this life to
reestablish our relationship with Krishna, God and to go back home, back to
Godhead after leaving this material body.

Hare Krishna

Madhudvisa dasa