Krishna consciousness in Brazil

Dear Fabiano

Hello! Hare Krishna!

Thanks for visiting my web page. It is undergoing some changes at the moment and
you should find lots of new things soon -- so keep visiting.

I'm sorry about the delay in answering you -- I am having some problems with my
email.

It's great to hear you follow the Vedic culture and are a vegetarian. I don't know
about Krishna consciousness in Brazil or literature in Portugese as I am in
Australia. Kurma's Cookbook (a Hare Krishna cookbook) is on the web now but I
don't have the URL with me. I will send it to you later.

The main thing about cooking for Krishna is to do it for Krishna. We have to come
to the point that when we are shopping we are buying things for Krishna, when we
are cooking we are cooking them for Krishna, then when the cooking is finished we
can put everything nicely on a plate [which we keep specially for Krishna] and
offer it to Him with the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha mantra. It is a very
simple thing to do and Krishna accepts the love with which the offering is made.
So you can do that now, in your house.

We don't offer food directly to Krishna, we offer it first to Srila Prabhupada,
our spiritual master, and then to Krishna. That is the way. We don't aproach
Krishna directly, we approach Him through His pure devotee. So you can set up a

little alter in your house with a picture of Srila Prabhupada and some pictures of
Krishna, then you can cook for Srila Prabhupada and Krishna.

The main thing is to always chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra:

       Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna, Hare Hare
           Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare

and to read Srila Prabhupada's books. Do you have the "Bhagavad-gita As It Is"?

Please write with any other questions you may have.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa