Women's Lib

Dear Kelsey

Hello. Hare Krishna!

No. I didn't know that Srila Prabhupada wanted 2-3 women on the GBC. It's all news

to me! If he wanted 2-3 women on the GBC then no doubt he would have appointed

them. He was the one who selected the GBC members...

However Srila Prabhupada didn't want the women to be badly treated, or treated as

"second class". He didn't see any difference between man and woman. He saw

everyone as a spirit soul and he was just trying to help everyone reestablish

their relationship with Krishna.

I will have a look at the article in the next day or two and perhaps mellow it out

a bit. It may be too much for something in such an open format as you suggest. We

can't expect people brought up in a totally different cultural background to

accept these things so easily... and it may put some off as you mention.

Thanks for your suggestions and looking forward to hearing from you again.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Your servant

Madhudvisa dasa