Srila Prabhupada is the Guru

Dear Wolfgang

Hello, Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances, all glories to Srila

Prabhupada.

There is a devotee from England trying to send you some email. His name is

Madhusoodana. He got some error and asked me to give you his email addredd it is:

I also feel the same about Srila Prabhupada being my spiritual master and taking

Srila Prabhupada's books as the standard. We can't accept anyone who preaches

something different.

I took initiation from one of Srila Prabhupada's disciples here in Australia in

1989. He did the initiation and we had a nice fire sacrifice and that was that.

Initiation is not really the ceremony, it is the surrender. You can have a very

nice ceremony but not surrender and there is actually no initiation.

Prabhuada often said that "Disciple means discipline" so we have to accept the

discipline of Srila Prabhupada, following the four regulative principles, chanting

at least 16 rounds, rising early in the morning, reading Prabhupada's books, etc.

Otherwise there is no initiation.

I don't know much about what goes on in the rittvic world re initiation at the

moment. But it is not a cheep thing. You have to be prepared to surrender to Srila

Prabhupada. As Prabhupada is no longer physically present it is very easy to

cheat. We have to be very honest and not cheat -- that is the main thing.

I don't really want to work from within ISKCON now. I have done that for some

years, but they are not interested in changing, they are attached to their

program.

I've not heard of "Lifemember Conrad", but he is doing the right thing, to

distribute Srila Prabhupada's books is the main thing.

As for the Christians, they are not very bonafide. The scriptures of the meat-

eaters are not very logical. So although Jesus is a great Vaisnava, it is now not

at all easy to get the real message from him. Still it may be an opportunity for

preaching.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Your servant

Madhudvisa dasa