Re: straight edge

>religion has nothing to do with straight edge. straight edge is a state

>of mind that rejects cruchs. drugs, religion, sex, hatred.

Dear J..

Hello. Hare Krishna

Thanks for visiting my home page. I don't know that much about hard-core

really. I just thought it was nice some young people were giving up

intoxication, meat eating and illicit sex. This is very thoughtful.

As for Krishna consciousness, it is not a cruch... It is the eternal occupation

of the soul, it is our natual business. We are servants anyhow, you can't get

around that. You have to serve someone [your girl-friend, wife, family,

employer, and ultimately your senses...] so where is the question of giving up

service? Krishna consciousness just means to serve the Supreme Personality of

Godhead, Krishna, instead of all that mundane service. It is a completely

different thing... Any mundane material service becmes distasteful after some

time. You take the nicest food you know.. eat one plate, that's fine -- but try

and eat ten plates, fifty plates, 100 plates... It's impossable. It's

revolting... That's the nature of the material world. Nice in the beginning and

revolting in the end... But spiritual life is different. In the beginning we

are not that attracted by it... It seems like we would have to give up so many

"enjoyable" things... But if you take to it you will find transcendental

pleasure you never dreamed possible... it will make the so-called "pleasures"

of the material world look very dim indeed...

So try it. Chant Hare Krishna and read Srila Prabhupada's books...

Anyhow write back and tell me what you think...

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!