Spiritual Advancement in ISKCON?? Narayana Maharaja?

>Hare Krishna. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

>     Thank you for replying to my question. I agree with your opinion

>regarding issues confronting I.S.K.C.O.N. It saddens me to think that

>there are self serving individuals in positions of authority within the

>movement.Be that as it may, there are also sincere devotees who endeavour to

>make spiritual advancement.

It's not possible to make spiritual advancement in ISKCON as it is today.

Even if the devotees are "sincere". Sai Baba has many "sincere" devotees

also who have 100% faith in him. Are they making spiritual advancement?

To make spiritual advancement one must accept a bonafide spiritual master

but ISKCON, after the failure of their bogus "Zonal Guru System" have now

concocted, with the help of Narayana Maharaja, the "Non-Liberated Acaraya

System". Nowadays an ISKCON guru can have illicit sex or do any other

obnoxious thing and it's OK. Not to worry, these things happen... If

anyone has read Srila Prabhupada's books and seen his personal example

they will know how crazy this is. But the ISKCON devotees just accept it

-- or leave, they have to, if they don't take initiation from a "GBC

approved guru" life is very, very difficult for them. They've made the

guru very cheap. I recently received a letter from a Mataji in South

Africa. She was asking if she should take initiation from such and such a

"Swami" now or if she should wait until she knew something about him...

I don't know if you have read Jagadish "Maharaja's" "resignation letter".

He was one of the biggest, most respected "gurus" in ISKCON, the Minister

for Eduation. If you read his letter you'll see he admits to being

completely unqualified and on the bodily platform all along. He's just

resigned from the position of guru and left behind hundreds of shattered

disciples who dedicated their lives to serving him on the understanding

he was a pure devotee non-different from Srila Prabhupada and Krishna...

>Unfortunately lack of discrimination and a

>tendency for sentimentality leads to "the cult of the personality". when

>this happens intelligence and concomitantly discrimination take a back seat.

Intelligence is not allowed in ISKCON at all -- one cannot question the

GBC... This policy was introduced and violently policed in the "Zonal

Acarya" days. Anyone who dared to criticize one of the "acaryas" was

bashed, thrown out of ISKCON and sometimes killed. The same mood

continues today, however they have lost a bit of energy and even some of

the ISKCON devotees are beginning to wake up.

>           Having been a victim of the zonal Acarya debacle I believe that a

>great many devotees still carry pain, hurt and distrust from that time.

These men have betrayed Srila Prabhupada. They have taken the

International Society for Krishna Consciousness and turned it into a

mundane business, bashing, killing and throwing out anyone who stood in

their way. Now there's very little left. Even their business ventures are

looking sick. Their last-ditch attempt is to transform ISKCON into just

another Hindu temple. So they have had some success at this... They may

yet manage to be family priests for the Hindu's, just like Sukracarya...

But they have lost their Krishna consciousness...

>It

>puzzles me that now many sincere devotees are looking to Narayana Maharajah

>for solace and inspiration.

They are not sincere. How could they be if they blatently disobey Srila

Prabhupada's instructions and go to his godbrothers? Particularly when

Narayana maharaja has such a low estimation of Srila Prabhupada. He says

Prabhupada is not even a devotee of Krishna. He is a devotee of

Maha-Visnu, if one wants to find out about Krishna Prabhupada can't

help... So he is such an envious snake. But a very smooth talker with an

Indian body...

This world is a place full of the cheaters and the cheated...

>Prabhupada considered vani much more important

>than vapu.Instead of following Prabhupada's instruction devotees are

>considering a relationship that could seriously affect their spiritual life,

>these attitudes are either tacitly or actively promoted by senior members of

>I.S.K.C.O.N.

ISKCON was 100% encouraging devotees to go to Narayana Maharaja (anything

except Prabhupada!). When I was in Vrndavana in 1993 there were

practically busloads of devotees going from the Krishna-Balarama temple

to Narayana Maharaja's temple every morning and evening... I mentioned it

was against Srila Prabhupada's instrutions and was practically driven out

of the place by the "advanced" ISKCON devotees who were supporting

Narayana maharaja then... But earlier this year Narayana maharaja went on

a world-tour of ISKCON temples and initiated loads of ISKCON's frustrated

devotees and bhaktas... So the GBC did a 100% turn-about and threw out

all of Narayana Maharaja's disciples and told the devotees that he is now

against ISKCON and no one should have anything to do with him... Even

though he designed their current "Non-Liberated Acarya" system -- He is

their guru.

It's all the result of disobeying Srila Prabhupada's instrutions and an

ocean of Viasnava aparhada resulting from the mistreatment of so many of

Srila Prabhupada's sincere disciples by the GBC and ISKCON authorities.

They don't even believe the philosophy. They think they can disobey Srila

Prabhupada and offend so many devotees and Krishna will just stand by and

do nothing about it... They should read about Durvasa Muni and Ambarisa

Maharaja, I fear they think it's just a story... But it's not just a

story. Krishna will not stand by idly while His devotees are being

attacked and offended on such a grand scale as ISKCON is doing.

Anyhow. Krishna consciousness and Srila Prabhupada's teachings have not

changed at all. It still works now so "chant Hare Krishna and be happy!"

I apologize for all the politics.. Tomorrow is Srila Prabhupada's 100th.

birthday. His horoscope predicted he would live 100 years but in 1977 he

voluntary fasted till death and left his body on the last day of the

Month of Damodara in Vrndavan, India in his rooms at the Krishna-Balarama

Mandir. He was surrounded by his "intimate disciples" (who later became

his "sucessors"). Prabhupada wanted all his disciples to come to

Vrndavana at that time to be with him but his "intimate disciples"

instead instruted the other devotees to stay away. Srila Prabhupada asked

them if they would like him to stay with them and help with the preahing

or if they could mannage by themselves and they assured him they could

manage ISKCON themselves and that he could die peacefully...

Srila Prabhupada left instrutions that the management system in ISKCON

should not change--everything should remain as it was, that the ritvik

initiation system he had set up would continue, allowing his disciples to

continue to take initiation from him after he left our physical vision.

Unfortunately the GBC ran diretly to one of Srila Prabhupada's

godbrothers for advice, knowingly disobeying Srila Prabhupada's orders

and he came up with the "Zonal Acarya System" elevating 11 ordinary men

to the position of "Prabhupada" overnight...

After a few years the non-liberated nature of the supposedly "liberated

zonal acaryas" became painfully obvious to everyone and the system

completely collapsed. Then the GBC ran to Prabhupada's godbrothers for

advice, this time to Narayana Maharaja. So Narayana Maharaja gave them

the current ISKCON guru system, the "Non-Liberated-Acarya" system"...

Srila Prabhupada is living in his books. We can read his books, we can

hear his classes and we can serve him in separation. It is not separation

really. Srila Prabhupada is with us always, we simply have to take

advantage of his association and his mercy.

All Glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the

real Jagat-guru, the real paramahamsa, the real acarya!

Hare Krishna!

Your servant