Create something with a small-bang!

In article <D863KK.Do9@ucc.su.OZ.AU>, you wrote:

> 	Please do not preach so much that you hide the truth that you do
> not understand. You are a pawn in life’s society and you need to find an
> answer. The reality is that humans are the only animals that ask the
> question, "Why are we here". The answer is EVOLUTION. Don’t find some
> fake belief, its the easy way out.

  Yes humans are the animals able to ponder the more subtle questions
  about our existence, that's the great value of human life. There is
  evolution, but not the evolution you are talking about. There is an
  evolution of consciousness. If you study the different species of life
  you will find a continuum from simple single-cell organisms all the way
  to the human form of life.

  All living creatures share one thing in common - consciousness, but the
  consciousness is covered to varying degrees. There is no difference in
  quality between the living entity covered by a trees body and us. In
  fact we "evolve" through 8,000,000 species of life to come to the human
  platform. We may not have to take birth in every species, but still we
  evolve from lower species of life to the human form.

  If I have an animal's body I have very little independence. Animals are
  forced to act according to their bodies. For example it is the nature
  of a tiger to hunt and kill - he can't do anything else, he has no
  independence so he is not doing anything wrong, it's his nature.

  There is a difference, however, when we come to the human platform. In
  the human form we have limited independence. We are not so strongly
  bound by instincts. Of course we still have the animal instincts, we
  eat, we sleep, we have sex and we defend ourselves - exactly what the
  animals do. But we have the ability to question, as you have pointed
  out, "Why?" This questioning is the symptom of a human being. Of course
  there are many ways to go about answering the question and science is
  one of them. So at least scientists who are actually endeavoring to
  understand the universe around them are on the human platform. But I
  fear many of them are not interested in the real answers. If the
  rubbish I read on the news system in talk.origins and sci.astro is
  actually coming from scientists then science has degenerated into an
  illogical belief system hell bent on proving there is no spiritual
  component to life, that we are only chemicals, and that there is no
  supreme control, no direction, no God.

  This is not science this is sentiment. You have proudly and boldly
  claimed "The answer is EVOLUTION. Don’t find some fake belief, its the
  easy way out."  But where is the substance of your belief. I know the
  news system is full of ramblings about the "Big Bang" and evolution but
  there is nothing substantial. Despite (probably many gigabytes of talk
  by now) there is no clear idea of how the universe was created. The
  best you can come up was it was not there then there was a "Big-Bang"
  which came from nowhere, was caused by no one, and which somehow
  magically created the ordered, structured universe with all the beauty
  and diversity we see before us. Now science is supposed to be a process
  of observation and experiment so you have conjectured this "Big-Bang"
  theory - now do some experiments and prove it. You can make a
  "Small-Bang" wit some dynamite, or even and atomic bomb if you must,
  and create something substantial with it. If the universe can be
  created with a "Big-Bang" then surely you can create a small town, or
  failing that, at least a building with a "Small-Bang". Can't you see
  the idea is completely unscientific? Unless you can prove it why preach
  it? Why mislead the whole world and send everyone to hell by preaching
  your illogical and dangerous ideas?

  The motivation for your preaching is NOT science, it is NOT a search
  for the truth, it is just to construct a philosophy which allows you to
  live debauched hedonistic lives confident that, "I am just chemicals
  and when the body is finished I am finished - so let me party to the
  max now!" This is no better than the life of the animals. You are
  trying to eradicate the one thing which separates us from the animals -
  our ability to understand the spiritual, more subtle aspects of our
  existence.

  You want to explain everything in terms of chemicals but no one has
  ever been able to show (and no one will ever be able to show) that by
  mixing some chemicals consciousness can be created... It is blind faith
  on your part. You are prepared to believe such nonsense when presented
  by the scientists ONLY because it allows a godless world-view. A
  mindset that enables me to do anything that "feels good" without
  considering the consequences. If these theories had to be rigorously
  tested no sane man could possibly accept them. There is no observation
  and there are no experiments. Just mental speculation some vague
  notions which have been formulated into quite a detailed religious
  dogma by the scientific community.

  And you can't prove it, you can't logically explain it. It all comes
  down to blind faith. I have seen (in responses to my previous posts)
  the type of mentality that characterizes mad sentimental fanatics. The
  sort of thing I would expect from the born again christians and the
  like. You don't read the posts. You don't consider the content. You
  don't think about them. You don't consider questioning your own
  belief-system. You just dive in there with either the standard
  scientific dogma, or (more often it seems with me) you try to create a
  smoke-screen, you post mindless nonsense or you pick some small
  insignificant point and blow it out of proportion saying "Look at the
  fool - isn't he stupid." This is not the sign of intelligence.

  Krishna says:

           manusyanam sahasresu kascid yatati siddhaye
           yatatam api siddhanam kascin mam vetti tattvatah

"Out of many thousands among men, one may endeavor for perfection, and of
those who have achieved perfection, hardly one knows Me in truth."

  So searching for the real meaning of life is not such a common thing...
  Most people are happy with chasing women, some chase fame, profit,
  adoration and distinction, but only a few are interested in spiritual
  life. Maybe you aren't all that way inclined but there must be some
  thoughtful scientists who are prepared to think independently from the
  "accepted dogma".

  Thank you. Hare Krishna.

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

      The mind is so strong that sometimes it overcomes the intelligence.