Re: Meat Industry's Fat Lies

In article <3ne4ko$1sa@mesa5.Mesa.Colorado.EDU>,
vic@mesa5.Mesa.Colorado.EDU (vicki gustafson) wrote:

> I rabidly consume meats. I have no problem with this.
> I don't need to worry.
> Bzzzt. Muscle weighs more than fat. Do vegetarians have muscle?
> I'll just go check my roast.
>
> Vic

As Viasnava's we are not strictly vegetarian, we are "Krishnatarian". We
only eat the remnants of food Krishna has tasted. It's an act of love and
devotion. When we cook we don't do it for ourselves, we cook for Krishna.
We see everything in this material world as being Krishna's energy and as
such it should be used in His service. If you work in a factory and use
the machinery to make things for yourself instead of your employer you are
called a thief. Similarly if we take things from Krishna's material energy
and utilise them for our own sense gratification we are criminals.

Krishna says in Bhagavad-gita:

         patram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati
         tad aham bhakty-upahrtam asnami prayatmanah

"If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower. fruit or water,
I will accept it."

If we cook for Krishna and only eat the remnants of food Krishna has
tasted then automatically we become vegetarians, because Krishna doesn't
eat meat.

It's not that Krishna is hungry and needs us to feed Him. No. He is fully
self-satisfied but still His pleasure increases when He sees us, the
fallen conditioned souls, come back to our original position of serving
Him. He doesn't force us though, He has given us independence. We can, if
we like, serve Him or we can forget Him also.

You have chosen to forget Him and instead try to satisfy yourself in this
world [like almost everybody else -- the material world is the place for
it] but this is a frustrating path, all your endeavours to be happy
separately from Krishna will fail in one way or another and at the time of
your death the material nature, under the direction of Krishna, will give
you another body, more suited to your mentality.

The human form of life is meant for questioning, for asking "Why am I
here?", "Why am I suffering?", "What happens after death?" and so on. The
animals can do everything we can, they also eat, sleep, have sex and
defend themselves, but they can't ask these questions. If we, in the human
form, don't ponder these things the Vedas calls us "dwi-pada-pasu",
"two-legged animals". So by your activities you are paving your way to
your next body, one with four legs. A tiger is very attached to eating
meat, he gets the same taste you do, and he's not bothered by any
spiritual thoughts. Would you like to be in a tigers body?

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

     One has to learn directly from Krishna--or a pure devotee of Krishna.