Try Blu-Tacking a Paper Plate on the Ceiling...

In article <3ncash$bq@electron.rutgers.edu>, you wrote:

> Madhudvisa, honey, I see you're posting from Australia.  Have you
> ever wondered why books and pictures of the moon and the stars which
> are published in the northern hemisphere show a view which is quite
> clearly upside-down, compared to what you see if you go outside at
> night and look up?  Think about it.

   Thanks for your interest in this. I'm trying to grasp the concepts
   myself and your questions are very helpful. I just posted a reply
   to your comments above and have since been thinking about it...

   If you take a paper plate and blue-tack it to the ceiling and stand
   on one side of it and mark the top with your pen, if you go to the
   other side and look at it you will find your "top" marking on the
   bottom. So it is possible to apparently turn things upside down
   just by changing the direction you look at them -- you don't have
   to turn upside-down yourself..

   If we take the sun as an example and it is above the equator. On
   the flat earth model the people inside the equator (the Northern
   Hemisphere) would see the sun one way and those on the other side
   of the equator would still see the same "face" of the sun but it
   would appear to be upside down...

Hare Krishna

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

       But for Yourself no one can be found who can destroy this doubt.