Re: punk????

> Haribol
>
> Please accept my humble obeisances.  All glories to Srila Prabhu-
> pada.
>
> I saw your article on the alt.punk.  I'm surprized to see you
> there.  The article was well written.  Thank you.  I believe
> that you are also on alt.vaisnava.  I am too, you'll see my
> articles under the name of Eric Krishna Cow.  Does your
> e-mail address have anything to do with the band Shelter?
> And please excuse my utter disrespect, but when did you take
> sannyasa?
>
>   Haribol,
>
> your servant,
>
> Bhakta Eric (Krsna Cow)

Dear Bhakta Eric,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Thank you for reading the article. I actually replied to a thread in
alt.punk.straight.edge which was cross-posted to alt.punk. I was interested
to see what sort of response it would get.

I've only been on the Internet for a couple of weeks and am just checking
out the possibilities really. There's a lot of people out there!

I have started a preaching organization here (in Australia) called Shelter
International but it's really only me at the moment. It doesn't have
anything to do with the band Shelter but I was in the States about four
years ago and briefly met Bhakta Vic and Ragunatha. Very impressed with
their preaching. I haven't kept up with what's going on over there. I get
the feeling that the Straight-Edge movement is not as strong as it was, but
I don't know. What do you think?

There is nothing worthwhile in this material world except Krishna
consciousness but the tragedy is no one is interested. We are being
educated as godless demons by a society hell-bent on enjoying their senses
to the maximum. They have no interest in God and worse than that they
ferociously attack anyone who believes in God. Even the Christian
discussion groups on the net are full of atheistic demons ripping the
Christians to threads with their "scientific" atheism.

Srila Prabhupada has given us the Srimad Bhagavatam which is scientific
thesim. We owe it to him to seriously study it and become competent in
preaching it and in this way we have to defeat the demoniac philosophy they
are pushing. If we don't do it who will?

I humbly request that (I'm sure you are anyhow but) you please chant at
least 16 rounds of
           Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
                 Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare
every day, strictly follow the four regulative principles, no meat eating,
no gambling, no intoxication and no illicit sex life and read Srila
Prabhupada's books constantly. The more we do these things the stronger we
become in Krishna consciousness and the more potent our preaching will be.
If we only preach but don't follow ourselves there will be no result,
"Purity is the force, Books are the basis and Utility is the principle."

Try and distribute as many of Srila Prabhupada's books as possible, it's
the best way to preach, it's the best way to please Srila Prabhupada and
pleasing Srila Prabhupada is the best way to please Krishna!

As far as my sanyassa is concerned, I took sanyassa from Srila Prabhupada
on Radhaastami 1993 in Vrndavana.

I have been somewhat disappointed by the direction of ISKCON's preaching,
it has become more directed to existing devotees rather than to the world
in general, and I'm tired of the politics and arguments. I spent the last
12 months in Sydney publishing and distributing a small "Back to Godhead"
magazine and now I am here in Tasmania (which is the little island at the
bottom of Australia) investigating the Internet. If you are interested in
the magazines I will mail them to you (old-fashioned postman style) if you
email me a mailing address.

Very nice to hear from you. All glories to  your service!

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

         The Lord always looks to the welfare of all living entities.

Follow-Ups: References: