Rotating Earth or Universe -- Nothing Changes

bportlock@cix.compulink.co.uk ("Brian Portlock") wrote:

>Perhaps you will explain how radar measurements of the planetary
>distances are consistent with an orbiting Earth and not a stationary one.
>The evidence goes on and on. I'm not explaining this for your benefit as
>you are (in my book at least) another damned crank. I am explaining this
>for those who have not progressed enough in their education/critical
>thinking and might be taken in by invalidated and outmoded arguments that
>belong the dustbin of the dark ages.

>Brian.  :-(

Dear Brian,

You've missed the point... Nothing changes. Everything remains exactly the
same.. It is only your view of the world that changes...

You have explained all the observations with the model of fixed stars and
a rotating earth. In your model the rotation of the earth causes the sun,
the planets, the moon and the stars to rise and set every 24 hours. My
point is it could well be [and we have no way of telling] that the earth
is fixed and the whole universe is rotating around it every 24 hours...

Nothing changes. Your radar distances are the same, all the relative
distances are the same. And when you go out into the universe in your
space-ship you start rotating with the universe as well. [but because you
think the stars are "fixed"] you look down and see good old mother earth
rotating...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      http://www.krishna.org

Quotes from His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
(c)Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

Follow-Ups: References: