No Educated Hindu Would Criticize Prabhupada's Books

Dear Cullen,

No educated Hindu would dare criticise the books of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acarya of the Hare Krishna movement. They have been praised by so many recognised scholars both in India and in the West. The special quality of Srila Prabhupada's books is he has presented them "as they are", he hasn't tried to twist things around to get a different meaning as many, many other authors have done. If you criticise Prabhupada's books you are criticising Krishna because Srila Prabhupada has just presented Krishna's words in a language we can easily understand. I suspect you don't want to hear Krishna's words... that is the problem.

"This work is to be treasured. No one of whatever faith or philosophical persuasion who reads these books with an open mind can fail to be both moved and impressed..."
	(Dr. Garry Gelade, Professor of Psychology, Oxford University.)

"It has been my great pleasure recently to have read Srimad Bhagavatam in the superb edition authorised by A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada... I am sure this monumental work will go far in bringing the sublime message of the Bhagavatam to numerous Westerners who otherwise would miss this opportunity."
	(Dr. Alex Wayman, Professor of Sanskrit, Columbia University.)

"I am most impressed with A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada's scholarly and authoritative edition of Bhagavad-gita. It is a most valuable work for the scholar as well as the layman and is of great utility as a reference book as well as a textbook. I promptly
recommended this edition to my students. It is a beautifully done book."
	(Dr. Samuel D. Atkins, Professor of Sanskrit, Princeton University.)

"...As a successor in the direct line from Caitanya, the author of Bhagavad-gita As It Is is entitled, according to Indian custom, the majestic title of His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. The great interest that his reading of Bhagavad-gita holds for us is that it offers us an authorised interpretation according to the principles of the Caitanya tradition."
	(Oliver Lacombe
	 Professor of Sanskrit and Indology, Sorbonne University, Paris.)

"As a native of India now living in the West, it has given me much grief to see so many of my fellow countrymen coming to the West in the role of gurus and spiritual leaders. For this reason I am very excited to see the publication of "Bhagavad-gita As It Is" by Sri A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. It will help to stop the terrible cheating of false and unauthorised "gurus" and "yogis" and will give an opportunity to all people to understand the actual meaning of Oriental culture."
	(Dr. Kailash Vajpeye, Director of Indian Studies
	 Center for Oriental Studies, The University of Mexico.)

I could go on, and on, and on. Practicly every authority on Indian culture both in the West and in India has given "rave reviews" of Srila Prabhupada's books. They appreciate value of Srila Prabhupada's authorised, authoritative presentation of the Vedic knowledge
and you are such a fool that you dare criticise his books!

I suggest you read the books to understand and appreciate your great cultural heritage and take advantage of it. Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu many times quoted the verse:

	bharata-bhumite haila manusuya-janma yara
	janma sarthaka kari kara para-upakara

"One who has taken his birth as a human being in the land of India (Bharata-varsa) should make his life successful and work for the benefit of all other people."

So birth in India is a great opportunity. Make your life successful by becoming Krishna consciousness and help all the other people in the world by distributing this knowledge, your Vedic culture.

Thank you. Hare Krishna.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!