Re: Zonal Acharya System

Dear Charlie,

  Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

>More on this later, but what what I have learned from reading Srila
>Prabhupada, and his spiritual master Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakur,
>and Bhaktivinode Thakur, etc., is that the words that come from the
>mouths of the pure devotees all spring from one source, one Person. So
>in the words of every sincere devotee we hear from Srila Prabhupada, so
>I thank you again for your comments, which I will consider carefully.
>
>But I was just a little disappointed you did not post your reply to the
>ARV newsgroup.  The reason I posted what I did there instead of email
>(what was clearly a person-to-person message) was simply my wishful
>attempt to prod some kind of higher dialog than what seems to be typical
>in ARV.  I am really bummed by the TRASH put there in such large
>quantities by oddballs who seem to have nothing better to do. I'm sure
>all there could benefit from your counsel in your reply to my message.

  I did post it to ARV as well so it should be there.

  As far as books other than Prabhupada's I have "said my piece" and it
  wasn't my piece it was Prabhupada's piece, I just repeated it. I have
  no intention of getting into a discussion with you about it. Comes a
  time we just have to obey the instructions of our spiritual master even
  though our mind tells us otherwise.

>>  Service is also very important. There is really no meaning to our love
>>  for Srila Prabhupada and Krishna unless we do something for them.
>>  Service, engaging our senses in the service of Krishna under the
>>  guidance of the spiritual master is most important. Of course reading
>>  is also most important and we are always hankering after sadhu-sanga...
>
>Yes, service.  But I find this topic difficult and it makes me depressed
>because whatever I do seems inadequate.

  A devotee always feels inadequate, but a devotee is supposed to use all
  his energy for serving Krishna then feel inadequate...

>> "Shelter International" is just me at the moment but
>>  the idea is to develop an organization of devotees dedicated to
>>  fulfilling the desires of Srila Prabhupada...
>
>That's an intriguing statement.  I had hoped that ISKCON was such an
>organization.  As I mentioned, I'm active in ISKCON Foundation.  Within
>the Foundation there is much dissatisfaction with the current state of
>affairs in ISKCON, so it is my very business to seek out devotees with
>similar frustrations and hopes, and consider their viewpoints very
>carefully.  The Foundation is itself not without its problems, but we do
>hope that one tangible thing we can contribute to ISKCON is simply
>management training on how to administrate the temples better.  Simple
>things like "why not standardize the accounting software" so that as
>devotees travel they do not have to learn multiple new systems, so that
>GBC in charge of multiple temples can look at temple reports in the same
>format, etc., etc., simple practical things like that.  Nobody can be
>happy with how the temples, particularly in North America, have been
>managed and are being managed or mismanaged.

  In ISKCON everyone is dissatisfied only because they don't follow Srila
  Prabhupada's instructions... It's a very simple thing. It doesn't have
  anything to do with the computer accounting program you use!

>>  As far as ISKCON you probably know better than me.
>
>So I got vibes from your post that you are ambivalent as regards your
>association with ISKCON ?

  Yes. One can be Krishna consciousness anywhere.

  Hare Krishna.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!