God may have used a Big-Bang...

donl@physics1.physics.monash.edu.au wrote:

>>  It is not impossible that God used a "big bang" to create the universe.
>>  You have touched on the dynamic nature of scientific knowledge, "New
>>  replaces old." While science as a process gradually leads one to real
>>  knowledge the "knowledge" at any point in time is not perfect. I am
>>  suggesting another source of knowledge, knowledge coming from a higher
>>  authority. If you can find a perfect authority then you can get the
>>  perfect knowledge immediately.

>Well, come down to our level and show us some perfect knowledge and help us
>solve the problems of high temperature superconductors, porous silicon, grand
>unified field theory, truly efficient solar cells, car panels that won't
>crumple at the slightest touch etc.

  This world is designed to be frustrating. Nothing will ever be perfect
  here. If it were we would have no impetus to go to the spiritual world.
  You will never be able to solve all the problems.

             mam upetya punar janma duhkhalayam asasvatam
             napnuvanti mahatmanah samsiddhim paramam gatah

"After attaining Me, the great souls, who are yogis in devotion, never
return to this material world, which is full of miseries, because they
have attained the highest perfection."

>Look ... I do not mind you espousing your ideas and philosophies ... that is
>what this newsgroup is for.  However, when you introduce "science" then be
>prepared to justify your claims properly.  So far you have not backed up a
>single statement.

  The difficulty is we are working on a different premise. Your premise
  is everything can be explained by chemical reactions only. My premise
  is matter doesn't move without the touch of spirit. You say "life" is a
  combination of chemicals. I know "life" is a spiritual force completely
  different from matter. There is much evidence supporting my view and I
  have presented some of it but because you do not accept my premise that
  there is a spiritual component as well as a material one you don't
  accept my evidence.

  I see, from my perspective, that science has failed to justify it's
  claims and can not back up the notion that like comes from chemicals.
  We see life coming from life around us all the time... that is
  sufficient evidence that life comes from life. But you say, without
  proof, without experiments, without even any real idea of how it
  happens that life comes from chemicals. This is sentiment not science.

  Hare Krishna.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!