Re: Sannyasa Gurus (was Re: The New Guru System)

Dear SlackerGuy

  All glories to His DIvine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada,
  the only disciple of His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati
  Maharaja who took his instructions as his heart and soul and despite so
  much opposition from envious demons succeeded in preaching Krishna
  consciousness in the Western World (and everywhere else as well!).

  Your questions are not sincere. Nor are they motivated by a desire to
  "understand why I took sannyasa". What the ISKCON devotees think is not
  really the issue. The issue is to preach, to please Srila Prabhupada
  and to please Krishna.

  So if my sannyassa can facilitate the spreading of the Krishna
  consciousness movement then it is worthwhile. You can't get any
  consensus from ISKCON and it is now another special time. Some
  innovation is required. Even if I am not successful I will have used
  all my energy trying to preach, asking people to "please chant Hare
  Krishna", trying to distribute literature about Krishna, cooking
  prasadam, offering it to Krishna and distributing it... There may be no
  results, I don't care. I just want to do something for Srila
  Prabhupada.

  I notice that "All glories to Srila Prabhupada" is conspicuous by it's
  absence in your mail. I have no idea who you are and I don't have to
  justify my actions to you. I am endeavoring to the best of my ability
  to please His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada so that
  is all I can do. If you don't like it that's your problem...

  Don't worry about it! Chant Hare Krishna, be happy and preach. That is
  the best we can all do.

  Please read the quote from Sri Caitanya-caritamrta below.

Thank you. Hare Krishna.

Madhudvisa dasa       .

                           Concluding Words.
       (by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada)

   Srila Narottama dasa  Thakura says, chadiya  vaisnava seva nistara
   payeche keba: Unless one serves a Vaisnava he cannot be delivered.
   The spiritual master initiates the disciple to deliver him, and if
   the disciple executes the  order of the  spiritual master and does
   not offend other Vaisnavas, his path is clear.

   Consequently Sri Caitanya  Mahaprabhu requested  all the Vaisnavas
   present to show mercy toward  the two brothers, Rupa and Sanatana,
   who had just been initiated by the Lord.

   When a Vaisnava sees  that another Vaisnava is  a recipient of the
   Lords mercy, he becomes very  happy. Vaisnavas are not envious. If
   a Vaisnava,  by the  mercy of  the  Lord, is  empowered by  Him to
   distribute the Lords Holy Name all over the world, other Vaisnavas
   become very joyful - that is, if they are truly Vaisnavas.

   Why should  a  Vaisnava  be  envious of  another  Vaisnava  who is
   successful in  spreading  the Holy  Name  of the  Lord?  An actual
   Vaisnava  is  very  pleased  to  accept  another  Vaisnava  who is
   bestowing the Lord's mercy.

   A mundane  person  in  the  dress  of  a  Vaisnava  should  not be
   respected, but rejected. This is enjoined in the sastras (upeksa).
   the word  upkesa  means  neglect. One  should  neglect  an envious
   person.

   A preachers duty  is to  love the Supreme  Personality of Godhead,
   make friendships with  Vaisnavas, show  mercy to  the innocent and
   reject or neglect those who are envious or jealous.

   There are many  jealous people in  the dress of  Vaisnavas in this
   Krishna Consciousness movement, and  they should be completely ne-
   glected. There is no need to  serve an envious person in the dress
   of a Vaisnava.

   When Narottama  dasa Thakura  says  chadiya vaisnava  seva nistara
   payeche keba, he is indicating  an actual Vaisnava, not an envious
   or jealous person in the dress of a Vaisnava.

   A jealous person in the dress of a Vaisnava is not at all happy to
   see the success of another Vaisnava in receiving the Lords mercy.

   Unfortunately in this age  of Kali there  are many mundane persons
   in the  dress  of  Vaisnavas and  Srila  Bhaktivinoda  Thakura has
   described them a  disciples of Kali.  He says, Kali-cela, he indi-
   cates that  there  is  another  Vaisnava,  a  pseudo-Vaisnava with
   tilaka on his nose and kunti beads around his neck. Such a pseudo-
   Vaisnava  associates  with  money  and  women  and  is  jealous of
   successful Vaisnavas.  Although passing  for a  Vaisnava, his only
   business is earning money in the dress of a Vaisnava. Bhaktivinoda
   Thakura therefore  says  that  such  a  pseudo-Vaisnava  is  not a
   Vaisnava at all, but  a disciple of Kali-yuga.  A disciple of Kali
   cannot become  an  acarya  by  the decision  of  some  high court.
   Mundane votes have no  jurisdiction to elect  a Vaisnava acarya. A
   Vaisnava acarya is  self-effulgent, and  there is no  need for any
   court judgement.

   A false  acarya my  try  to override  a  Vaisnava by  a high-court
   decision, but Bhaktivinoda Thakura  says that he  is nothing but a
   disciple of  Kali-yuga. (Sri  Caitanya-caritamrta, Madhya-lila, Ch
   1, 218-219)

                       Srila Prabhupada Ki Jaya!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!