Re: Life on Other Planets

KJM@mfs1.ballarat.edu.au (Kevin Moore) wrote:

>In article <3p36g9$s8d@ping1.ping.be> Andrew Spring <Andrew.Spring@ping.be> writes:

>>madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) wrote:

>> The "spiritual touch" is all-pervasive. It is present everywhere. The
>> chemicals had to come from somewhere. Everything comes from somewhere.
>> You can keep on tracing back to find the source and the original source
>> is Krishna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
>> Hare Krishna!
>>
>>    This is great!  I just had this argument with a fundamentalist
>>    Christian.  He said pretty much what you just did, except he
>>    substituted a different mythological being as the original source.

>It is the good old argument from first cause which has been floating around
>the Christian tradition since St. Thomas Aquinas.  "If everything has a cause,
>then there must have been a first cause, the first cause being god" The
>argument falls down on the assumption that a first cause has to be a god, and
>in that it fails to specify which god, so the same argument can be used for
>any god you care to believe in. Or not, as the case may be.

>It is a hoary old chestnut, that one.

  Not everything has a cause..

        isvarah paramah krsnah sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah
          anadir adir govindah sarva-karana-karanam

  "Krishna, who is known as Govinda, is the supreme controller. He has an
  eternal, blissful, spiritual body. He is the origin of all. He has no
  other origin, for He is the prime cause of all causes."

  Hare Krishna!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!