If God is All-Loving why is there Evil?

annrkey@aol.com (Ann r key) wrote:

>Well someone had to say it.
>I think that my main problem with religion is the very basic philosophical
>problem of evil. It goes like this: If god is defined as all knowing all
>lovind and all powerful then why does evil exist? god would want to stop
>it and could stop it, but he doesn't. You could say well god is not all
>knowing loving and all powerful, well what good is he then? Krishna is the
>same way. Why should I follow him? he's a dick.

  God [or Krishna] is all you have said; all knowing, all loving and
  all powerful and He wants the best for us. But He has given us
  independence. Krishna is supremely independent and we are part and
  parcel of Him, so we have the same qualities as Krishna, but in a small
  quantity. He is supremely independent and we have a little
  independence. So if we want to be evil Krishna won't stop us --
  otherwise we wouldn't be independent.

  So evil exists in the world not because of Krishna, but because of us.
  We have misused our independence. Instead of serving Krishna we have
  decided to be evil... It is Krishna's mercy that He appears Himself and
  sends His representatives to reestablish religious principles when
  they are lost. That is His all loving nature.

  Hare Krishna!

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!