Krishna and Material Things (krishna krishna, hare hare)

timmac@halcyon.com (Tim McNair) wrote:

>Hehe... I saw the title, and would like to take the time to point out
>the biggest hipocrisy I have seen in a religion in a long time.
>I was in Washington DC, and I saw a bunch of Hare Krishnas out in front
>of one of those museums. Tey were singing the Krishna Mantra, or
>whatever the hell they call it, whie being accompanied by a large
>keyboard with lots of wires and electronic stuff. They were selling
>sxhirts that proclaimed if one wanted to be a good person, one would
>let go of all material possesions.

Who said we say to "let go of all material possessions?" We understand that
everything belongs to Krishna [to God] and should be used in His service. So
rather than "give up your material possessions" you should use them in the service
of Krishna... Actually Krishna owns everything anyhow, we don't own it. So we
should use His things for His benefit.

So we can use electronic musical instruments, motor cars, nice buildings... to
spread the glories of Krishna. But if we get these things and use them for our own
personal pleasure that is maya, or illusion.

>Haha! Eat that! Hare Krishnas are such a weird cult, anyways!

It less weird as you find out more. Try reading some of Srila Prabhupada's books.
I think you will like them...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!