Re: Universe is sphere????

>Pongchayon Ubolwat (u3515092@au1.au.ac.th) wrote:
>: Subject: Universe is sphere????
>: Newsgroups: sci.astro

>:     For 3 years ago, that I heard the news about the research of the
>: Universe shape., and from the calculation with scientific formula, and
>: composed with the theory about the space, NASA announced that the shape of
>: universe is sphere., and also meant to our Galaxy too. and the
>: announcemnet was approve. So it was approved to be true all of the
>: scientist announces again that they can calculate the scope of the
>: universe. and NASA gave some prize to be their honour.. and all of people
>: were feeling happy with the progress of the sciece..
>:     But actually in my mind, I think that if our universe is sphere,
>: what it is floating in???? it looks like a ball floating in the air??
>: so what is the air that the universe floating in??? and in its floating
>: things what is it floating and so on...

>What they mean...I think...is that the Universe "acts" like it was placed
>on the inner or outer side of a sphere, in terms of how it is formed
>dimensionally. I assume the idea of a spherical universe would translate
>into if you went far enough, you would wind up (could wind up) back where
>you started from, though given the idea of an expanding universe, that
>might not be possible, if you took overly long on your journey away and

>back towards home.

>There is no "outside" the Universe. The Universe is everything, and is
>its own borders. Unless then we get into the idea of multiverses which is
>purely speculation at this time, but the proper term would not be
>"outside" but "beyond".

It is a sphere and there are lots of similar spheres [other universes] all
floating on an ocean called the causal ocean...

If you want you can read about it and see the pictures in Srimad Bhagavatam, but
that's the only you can see it [because with our senses we can't see outside this
universe...]

It is a different type of vision, "shastra chuksa" It means seeing through the
sastra, the Vedas...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)     /sudarsana

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!