Re: AIDS: the true story?

hong2000@aol.com (Hong2000) wrote:

>Have you heard that AIDS maybe a government created virus in order to

>control population?  Chokehold sang about it, an anarchist 'zine wrote

>about it, and my friend told me about it.  I don't doubt that it could be

>true.  Pretty scary stuff.

Of course someone may have made aids. Who knows? But that is not the real

cause of the suffering. In the Bible the instruction is there that we will

"reap what we sow", and in the Vedic texts the law of karma is described.

It's the same thing. If we do something bad something bad will happen to

us in the future and if we do something good then something good will

happen...

So we are all destined to enjoy a certain amount and suffer a certain

amount because of our activities in the past both in this life and

previous ones. Part of that suffering is disease. If science cures one

disease then nature has to come up with something else to inflict the

suffering that is due to us... We can't improve the situation really.

Modern medical science has certainly made great advances in some areas but

we now have so many new problems that more than make up for the

improvements... We have AIDS, cancer, so many stress-related problems,

very high suicide rates, heaps of violent crime and murders, pollution,

destruction of the environment... So we have not improved anything

actually. If we generate "bad karma" we still have to suffer for it no

matter what science invents...

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      http://www.krishna.org

All glories to His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!