Everything

Dear Ray,

Hello!

I don't use a special editor for HTML. It's very easy. It's just plain text with
tags. So it only takes a little while to learn the basic tags. There are HTML
references around the Netscape pages somewhere. You can test your pages offline
with Netscape. I use Trumpet Winsock and I have to set it to "internal SLIP" on
the set-up menu (instead of internal PPP) then you can just start up Netscape
without being connected and use the File - OpenFile command to open your HTML
files up and check them out...

>> They can accurately measure the parallax of the stars then? Does
>> this clearly rule out an earth-centered universe? (because then
>> there would be no parallax presumably)

>The closest star has a paralax of 0.765" of arc and the accuracy
>is about 0.001".  This means that at 4.3 light years the accuracy is
>less than 0.01 light years, but that by 1000 light years the
>uncertainty is 30%.
>
>If the earth is to be the centre then the stars (or at least the
>one's with paralax) must move around with the sun as it orbits the
>earth.  This sounds silly to anyone, and yet according to relativity
>it is a valid reference frame, and relativity will still give the
>right answers.  Crackpot territory though.

Yes I just realized after I sent your last letter. The Vedic model has all the
stars on the Kala-chakra, the "wheel of time" which is a huge wheel rotating once
every 24 hours to get the sun, moon and constellations to rise and set at the
right time and the whole thing is moving around in a circle every 12 months to
provide the parallax! [and the seasons of course]

BTW what stars don't have parallax? I imagine the pole-star wouldn't. Are there
others?

>Well it is time for bed, and I haven't told you about the inside out
>world as an alternative to your flat earth model!  Basically the earth
>is on the outside and the stars on the inside.  However light gets
>slower the nearer to the middle it gets.  Now this is a perfectly
>defensible proposition, because it is a valid transformation of
>co-ordinates from the real world.

An interesting thought! But there wouldn't be enough space in the middle... (you'd
only have a few thousand miles...)

I have to think some more about the Vedic universe and see what I can come up
with.

See you soon.