The Sun...

Dear Ray,

>Isn't it amazing how few scientists have a sense of humour or
>even some manners?!  Only a handfull of those who replied to you.
>The reaction is not much less severe when some change is suggested
>to existing science that is consistent with known science.

Yes. It is strange. I have started to think that some of the scientists are not
all that intelligent actually. I suspect they learn a particular field and way of
understanding things and become expert in that area, become a little recognized as
an authority in the area and so on. They have so much investment in the big bang,
so many theories, so many papers...

>It reminds me of such things as the Spannish Inquisition.  The
>main difference is that scientists are supposed to be logical.
>Mostly I expect a sense of humour to go with intelligence and
>intelligence to be a requirement to be scientific.  You can see
>why I don't want to be put in a category with some of those people.

Yes, not many are prepared to discuss anything outside the strict boundaries they
have set....

Yes... You can get most things off the WWW now. Soon they'll put all the books on
as well I imagine. I know there are some encyclopedias on already and there are
huge databases. All the US laws ar on there. I haven't seen much of it really but
the potential is big.

I've been wondering about the sun... I suppose the base of the parallax triangle
is 93,000,000 * 2. How do we know for certain that the sun is 93,000,000 miles
away? Could it be closer?

See you soon...