Cosmology

Dear Ray

>I have been thinking along similar lines.  An overview would be useful
>to set the scene for the detail.  It is perhaps time to work through
>my ideas in usenet again.  Perhaps if I take it more slowly, just a
>little at a time, then I can get more people to stay with me.

I think it's a good idea. I'd be interested to read it too.

>Incidentally, with a non-rotating earth model, the stars are only
>just beyond the planets.

What about the red-shift??? How come they are not so far away in the non-rotating
model?

>  Although these are both valid under
>relativity, and all the correct answers will result, they are equally
>silly in my opinion.  That is because if we were somewhere else we
>would see things entirely differently.  If we were on Jupiter or
>a planet in another solar system, then our picture would be quite
>different, yet equally valid.  I don't want a system that does this.
>I want one that looks the same from everywhere, except that of course
>the view will be different.

Yes. I know what you mean. Only one of the views can actually be correct. Either
the earth is rotating or it's not. If we were able to stand back and look from a
distance we could see what's actually happening. But my challenge is from our
perspective on the earth, or even out a few thousand miles in space we can't
really tell... Either model is a valid description of the system, but in "reality"
one is right and the other wrong... (at least that's my opinion :-)