The Origin of the Universe

>Has it ever occurred to you that:
>
>1. Since God is spiritual, he could not have created a material
>universe, since it so utterly unlike himself.

God can do anything. That is one of His qualities. You can't limit Him to the
spiritual world. If He wants He can also create a material world. He can even come
down to the material world Himself for a visit if He wants to... He is completely
independent.

>2. That since the material universe appears to have popped into
>existance out of "nothing," it *is* nothing, and doesn't exist
>at all.

If it is nothing then why bother writing to me? What's the point. Why are you
chasing after nice girls if there is "nothing" there? It is clearly something...

But it is temporary. That makes it frustrating. Because we are not temporary. We
are eternal spiritual souls, full of knowledge, full of pleasure and eternally
youthful. But when we come here to this material world we are covered by these
material bodies which are temporary, full of anxiety and full of ignorance... It
is not so nice.. But it is not "nothing at all" either.

>Of course not. You have decided that God exists and created the
>material universe (which also exists). You take these as givens,
>and then twist around all observation and logic to fit your
>preconceived notions.

No. We have accepted God's word for it. It is God's idea not mine. It is you who
have twisted things around...

"But what need is there, Arjuna, for all this detailed knowledge? With a single
fragment of Myself I pervade and support this entire universe." (Bhagavad-gita
10.42)

                                 PURPORT

The Supreme Lord is represented throughout the entire material
universes by His entering into all things as the Supersoul. The Lord here tells
Arjuna that there is no point in understanding how things exist in their separate
opulence and grandeur. He should know that all things are existing due to Krsna's
entering them as Supersoul. From Brahma, the most gigantic entity, on down to the
smallest ant, all are existing because the Lord has entered each and all and is
sustaining them.