Light -- Photons or waves

Dear Ray

>I agree that it is possible for a medium made out of solid particles
>to form waves.  It is also possible for a continuous solid or fluid
>with no discontinuities to form both waves and particles.  The
>particles are then a special type of waves.  It is difficult to tell
>which is the case in the real universe.  My present working hypothesis
>is that the ether is continuous rather than particles, but I am only
>75% confident of that.  For me the crucial test will be whether a
>theory based on my work can get the value of Planck's constant to
>pop up somehow.  Planck's constant is the measure of the quantisation
>at small scales.  If it cannot, then the alternative is that there
>are little particles like your religion says.  In that case there is
>still a need to show that these can produce Planck's constant which
>is not just a measure of a small size.  It is a relationship between
>size and energy, or of angular momentum.
>
>This is of course almost the deepest question of existence.

Well I'm interested in what you can come up with. I am convinced you are talking
about the same sort of system the Vedic scriptures mention. And they say
everything comes from sound... So I think it's the same thing you are saying...

I forgot to comment on your mentioning how you found the Indian astronomy book in
the library and just automatically opened it at the page describing the 1/9
cycle... You said "Prehaps that's how Krishna talks to me.." It's true. Krishna is
in our hearts and He is guiding us:

"I am seated in everyone's heart, and from Me come remembrance,
knowledge and forgetfulness. By all the Vedas, I am to be known. Indeed, I am the
compiler of Vedanta, and I am the knower of the Vedas." (Bhagavad-gita 15.15)

I thought you might be interested in this:

"The layers of the elements covering the universes are each ten times thicker than
the one before, and all the universes clustered together appear like atoms in a
huge combination."

The coverings of the universes are also constituted of the elements of earth,
water, fire, air and ether, and each is ten times thicker than the one before. The
first coving of the universe is earth, and that is ten times thicker than the
universe itself. The covering of water is ten times the covering of earth, the
covering of fire is ten times the watery covering, the covering of air is ten
times greater than that of the fire, the covering of ether is ten times greater
still than that of air, and so on.

The universe within the coverings of matter appears to be like an atom in
comparison to the coverings, and the number of universes is unknown, even to those
who can estimate the coverings of the universes...

(From Srimad Bhagavatam Third Canto)