Listening

Dear Bon

Thank you for your note.

As far as Srila Prabhupada receiving instructions from Srila Bhaktsiddhanta
Saraswati Maharaja, he got those instructions on the day of their first meeting.
Also Srila Prabhupada wrote a letter to Srila Bhaktsiddhanta only a few weeks
before he left his body and the reply was the same message. That Prabhupada should
preach in the west. Also, at a meeting at Radha-kunda with Srila Bhaktsiddhanta
Maharaja and some of the leading men from the Guadiya Matha Bhaktsiddhanta
Maharaja talked of selling the marble from the Bhag Bazza (?) temple and printing
books with the money... So Srila Prabhupada understood he was very fond of books.
He also presonally instructed Srila Prabhupada, "If you get money -- print books."
And Srila Prabhupada did this. The dream Srila Prabhupada had was about his taking
sannyasa. He saw the same dream a number of times while he was still a
householder, Srila Bhaktsiddhanta calling him to take sannyasa.

Of course Bhaktsiddhanta Saraswati Maharaja instructed all his disciples who were
proficient in English and capable men to go to the west and preach. But most of
them didn't do it. Srila Prabhupada, on the other hand, took this instruction very
seriously, he made it his lifes mission. So his preaching was very successful.

Of course his godbrothers disagreed with so many things but none of them have been
successful in preaching in the west in their own right. They just pick up devotees
who have been attracted to Krishna consciousness by Srila Prabhupada and his books
but have problems with ISKCON. I have never met a single western devotee anywhere
who's first experience with Krishna consciousness was not connected with Srila
Prabhupada. Of course there may be some, but not many.

So I pray that you can see his glories, even if you have some differences of
opinion, Srila Prabhupada is a truely extraordinary person and no one should
criticize his humble one-man attempt to transform the world into a Krishna
conscious place. And he has done so much. There are problems with ISKCON now but
that is understandable. But Prabhupada's contribution is permanent. Have you read
his books? I would very strongly urge you to make a systematic study of them. You
will find the highest truths explained so nicely and clearly. They are
extraordinary.

My position is I am trying to do something for Srila Prabhupada, that is all. I
don't mind what people say. I will go on preaching to the best of my ability. It
really doesn't matter what others say. It is a rare thing to find anyone even
slightly interested in Krishna consciousness in these "scientific" atheistic
times... But what to do?

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!