Srimati Radharani and Writing Books

>tapta kancana gaurangi
>radhe vrndavanesvari
>vrsabhanu sute devi
>pranamami hari priye

Dear Bhakta Paul

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Hello! Hare Krishna. I was just reading Sri Caitanya-caritamrta (Adi-lila Chapter
8) and I came across a verse which reminded me of you and our discussion...

               manusye racite nare grantha dhanya
            vrndavana-dasa-mukhe vaktra sri-caitanya

"The subject matter of this book is so sublime thit it appears Sri Caitanya
Mahaprabhu  has personally spoken through the writings of Vrndavana dasa Thakura.

"Srila Sanatana Gosvami has written in his Hari-bhakti-vilasa:

           avaisnava-mukhodgirnam putam hari-kathamrtam
        saravanam naiva kartavyam sarpocchistam yatha payoh

"Transcendental literature that strictly follows the Vedic principles and the
conclusion of the Puranas and the Pancaratrika-vidhi can be written only by a pure
devotee. It is not possible for a common man to write books on bhakti, for his
writings will not be effective. He may be a very great scholar and expert in
presenting literature in flowery language, but this is not at all helpful in
understanding the transcendental literature.

"Even if transcendental literature is written in faulty language, it is accepted
if it is written by a [pure] devotee, whereas so-called transcendental literature
written by a mundane scholar, even if it is a very highly polished literary
presentation, cannot be accepted. The secret in a devotees writing is that when he
writes about the pastimes of the Lord, the Lord helps him; he does not write
himself. As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, dadami buddhi-yogam tam yena mam upayanti
te (Bg. 10.10)

"Since a devotee writes in the service of the Lord, the Lord from within gives him
so much intelligence that he sits down near the Lord and goes on writing books.

"Krishnadasa Kivaraja Gosvami confirms that what Vrndavana dasa Thakura wrote was
actually spoken by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and he simply repeated it. The same
holds true for the Caitanya-caritamrta. Krishnadasa Kaviraja Gosvama wrote the
Caitanya-caitamrta in his old age and in an invalid condition, but it is such a
ssublime literature that Srila Bhaktsiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja used to
say, "The time will come when the people of the world will learn Bengali to read
Sri Caitanya-caritamrta.

"We are trying to present Sri-Catinya-caritamrta in English and do not know how
successful it will be, but if one reads the original Caitanya-caritamrta in
Bengali he will relish increasing ecstasy in devotional service."

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Also, by the way, I made a typing error on my last letter. I said Kirtananda
Maharaja was an approved ISKCON spiritual master until about 1992. I was thinking
to type 1987, but somehow it didn't come out that way...

I hope everything is going well with your devotional service and you are making
rapid advancement on the path back home, back to Godhead...

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Your servant,