Intoxication and spiritual life

>Is it possible to find your soul even during a period of intoxication
>or the period afterwards?

Hello. Hare Krishna!

As far as your question. Intoxication is not very good for spiritual realization.
It puts you into the mode of ignorance and you can't see things as they are. It is
a temporary thing. Real spiritual realization is permanent.

We are the soul within, we are not the body. The body gets old, the body gets sick
and ultimately it will "die". But I do not die. I exist eternally. Whatever I am
thinking of at the time of death determines what sort of body I will get next
time. So the best thing is to think of Krishna at the time of death so we don't
have to come back to this miserable material world again. Instead we can go back
home, back to Godhead, and serve Krishna there...

Perhaps you could write me some more. Do you believe in karma, reincarnation? What
do you think about the future??

Looking forward to hearing from you..

A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada!