Experiencing Krishna

Dear Brad,

Thanks for the letter. Experiencing Krishna is not such a simple thing, yet we are

all experiencing Krishna at every moment.... on the absolute platform there is

nothing except Krishna and Krishna's energies. But that does not mean Krishna

[God] is not a person. No. He is the Supreme Person, the Supreme Father. He has

all the qualities we have but He has them in unlimited quantity, while we have

only a tiny quantity.

The reason we can't see Krishna at the moment is our hearts are covered with heaps

of dirt as the result of the sinful activities we have performed in this and

previous lives. So the heart is described as being like a mirror. If you have a

mirror that is covered with heaps of dirt you have to clean it before you can see

yourself. So if we want to see Krishna, to experience Krishna, it can certainly be

done, there is no question about it. But first the heart has to be cleaned, and

the best way in this age to go about the cleaning process is chanting the name of

God. It is not that Krishna is the only name of God. The Christians also have

names of God and they are also chanting and glorifying. So it is effective also,

however, the Hare Krishna maha-mantra is envested with special potency and it is

specially recommended for this age.

But the chanting should be done without offenses. There are ten offenses and while

we are commmiting those offenses, while the chanting is effective in that it is

purifing our hearts and enabling us to some to the offensless platform, we will

not be able to experience Krishna until the offenses stop. It is not a cheep thing

to see God, Krishna. It's not that one can see God and then go off and do all

sorts of nonsense. No the nonsense must stop first.

So we have four regulative principles [as the Christians have ten commandments].

The principles are:

 1. No illicit sex life [sex is for having children within religous marriage]

 2. No intoxication [alcohol, etc including even tea and coffee]

 3. No meat eating

 4. No gambling

All these sinful activities destry one's progress in spiritual life. Illicit sex

destroys cleanliness, intoxication destroys austerity, meat eating destroys

compassion and gambling destroys honesty. So these things are to be given up, then

one can chant Hare Krishna offenselseely and gradually we can experience Krishna

face to face.

"If there's a God, I want to see Him. It's pointless to believe in something

without proof, and Krishna consciousness and meditation are methods where you can

actually obtain GOD perception. You can actually see God, and hear Him, play with

Him. It might sound crazy, but He is actually there, actually with you." (George

Harrison)

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy! Please write again.