Preaching in the Newsgroups

Dear Wolfgang

Hello. Hare Krishna! Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila

Prabhupada!

>Its everywhere the same. Just now I'm recovering from my last

>preaching-thread and take a rest.

>I'm in "net-preaching" for more then 3 years. First in Fidonet and

>Mausnet, now in Internet.

>My intention on preaching on the net is to get the people to read

>Prabhupadas books. If you only say "Please cant Hare Krishna" they

>don't, because they don't know why. So they have to read the books.

>You have to be very sincere, steady and humble. Even if they only want

>to smash you and laugh at you. If you are able to impress the people,

>they would look at the books someday, because they remind you and what

>you've said.

>My preaching-tactics are simple. Either I talk only about

>Krishna-consciousness and its wealth without fighting against the

>atheists around, or I take a close look at the mad things on this

>world, combat the atheists and demons (they can be defeated even on

>the material platform) and then present Krishna-consciousness.

>Some people are only fighting, because they know you are "Hare

>Krishna" (=bad guy). So you have to show them, that you aren't

>brain-washed or whatever the mad one-eyed-guru (TV) and his buddies

>told them.

>> For most people to underatand the philosophy of Krishna consciousness

>> is very difficult, it requires some qualification.

>My experience is, although if they say "no!" and scream and shout they

>advance a little. Even if they quote the name Krishna. So there is no

>loss.

Your experience is similar to mine also. We just have to get them to read Srila

Prabhupada's books... And they have to be a little interested. So if we can

make them a little interested by our preaching it is a great service. Then they

will be interested to read Prabhupada's books.

>This is true. It's one of the reasons why I haven't joined.

>But I'm thinking of joining ISKCON someday to learn how to distribute

>Prabhupadas books on the street. In Austria it is not allowed to

>distribute something on the street without permission. The police

>takes the books, the car, the money - everything away. To get the

>permission there have to be a company. This is expensive and you have

>to pay taxes. If I want to distribute books here I have to be in

>ISKCON. So what do you think of joining ISKCON in this case?

Of course ISKCON is a collection of devotees. It can change. It has changed

under the direction of the leaders who took control after Srila Prabhupada left

his body in 1977. There's no reason why it can't change back. That's why Srila

Prabhupada told us to never leave ISKCON. So he wanted us to stay in the

organization and preach... You can see from reading some of my preaching I have

a very soft spot for ISKCON. After all it is Prabhupada's organization. We

should be in there serving Prabhupada. So you could join and distribute Srila

Prabhupada's books. Why not? I have spent many years living in ISKCON and

distributing Srila Prabhupada's books. You just have to be careful as to who

you assocate with, who's classes you hear, etc. But in ISKCON you can get

Prabhupada's books and as you say it is important to be affiliated with some

recognized organization to distribute books on the street.

Most of the book distributors have this mood. They are serving Srila Prabhupada

in ISKCON by distributing his books and they just put up with whatever problems

are there and keep on going out and distributing the books and preaching. They

are certainly pleasing Srila Prabhupada in this way.

Looking forward to hearing from you again. Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Your servant