Preaching is THE ESSENCE!

Dear Bhakta Prabhu

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

>From what I can see from reading the
>net-news, it is clear that we can't have much influence unless we can
>expose the so-called scientists as the cheaters they are.  The whole
>world is following these rascals and accepting them as authorities, as a
>result the world has become worse than many hells.

This is also my conclusion. But it is a very difficult task! They are very
intelligent and they want to paint God completely out of the picture. Although the
"theory" of the existence of God, an all-powerful, intelligent person behind the
creation and maintenance of the universe is a completely logical and reasonable
one. Much more so than their "big bang", which makes no sense whatsoever. They
will not even consider it! And they talk so much. So many big words and theories
and they make complete nonsense sound reasonable and scientific to the people in
general. Science is the religion of the atheists, they are not impartial. They are
trying to explain everything without God. They close their eyes to the possibility
altogether....

>Every morning I
>listen to Srila Prabhupada's classes and walks and he spent so much time
>and energy to expose the rascal "teachers", "Scientists", and "doctors".

Yes. The scientists have spoiled the world. They have actively destroyed almost
all fatih in God...

>Srila Bhaktivinode Thakur wrote in the Jaiva Dharma that "Everything here
>is meant for the service of the Vaisnavas".  So Krsna is having these
>rascals create facilites by which we can permeate evgery atom weith Krsna
>Katha.

Yes. We can use everything for Krishna. Srila Prabhupada often gave the example of
the snake. He does not make his own hole in the field. He finds a hole which is
being used by a mouse or a rat and just goes in, eats the mouse, and takes the
hole as his house. So we can just take their technology and use it to broadcast
the glories of Krishna. That's why they have invented it, I am sure of that.

Krishna's hand is behind everything. They are very proud of their computers and so
on but if Krishna didn't put the potency into the silicon so it would work in
their computer chips they wouldn't have been able to make them at all.

>If just somehow the devotees can get their energy united, then we can use
>the mass media and really make a big effect.

It needs a leader. There is no history of any group becoming united without a
leader. We have Srila Prabhupada as our leader but mostly the current "leaders" in
ISKCON are not interested in following Srila Prabhupada's instructions. So
everything is more or less useless in ISKCON. Everyone has to be chanting 16
rounds, following the 4 regulative principles, attending mangal aroti, going out
on Hari-Nam and book distribution and preaching. Then there is life... But they
are not interested...

>Your NET presentation is
>the best I have seen.  The BBT has something, but it is not as
>well-done.

I have spent very little time on it. I just had some files on my computer and
converted them to the WWW. The BBT should be able to do MUCH better. They should
put all of Srila Prabhupada's books on it. I am sure if Srila Prabhupada was
physically present now he would want his books to be available on the net. At
least they could put on Bhagavad-gita, Krishna Book and the small books like
Perfect Questions, Perfect Answers, Beyond Birth and Death, Science of Self
Realization, etc.

>Two nights ago Mukunda Goswami was here for prasad.  I did
>not have time to show him your work, but I told him about it.  He has not
>seen it yet.  I suggested your work was better than what the BBT has done
>already, and maybe he should work with you more.

Unfortunately they are not interested in working with me, rather they would like
to get me out of the way. I would like to work within ISKCON and I have done so
for most of the ten years I have been a devotee. But right now no temple will
accept me. They call me a demon because Srial Prabhupada is my spiritual master
and I took initiation from him after he physically left us. But he is still with
us. We can listen to his classes, we can go with him on his morning walks, and we
can read his books...

>Are you in Australia?  I noticed that Pegasus is based in Australia.  I
>have never heard of you before finding you on the NET.  Who is your
>sanyass guru?

Yes. I'm in Australia. I took sannyasa on Radhastami 1993 from Srila Prabhupada in
Vrndavana. So it is controversial in ISKCON but what can I do about that? I very
much miss the association of the devotees and the Deities, but on the other hand I
accept it as Krishna's arrangement. He must have some plan for me. If I was still
in ISKCON I don't think I would be preaching on the net... I only started it to
keep myself busy talking about Krishna. But I'm getting so much mail now and
mostly it's favorable and my WWW site is getting over 1,000 accesses a week so
it's something at least.

>Bangkok has almost nothing going on.  ISKCON'S temple is not even visited
>by theb two GBC'S Kavicandra Swami & JPS.  I have not gone there for a
>number of years either.  The Bengali running it is known as a "gunda" and
>he burns everyone out real fast.
>
>There are no restaurants, almost no devotees.  Gurukrpa is here,
>Hrisikesananda dasa, and one Thai Ram Laksman who is doing the
>translations.  He just finished then Krsna Book which is supposed to be
>printed soon.  Almost no book distribution either.  Formerly I woudl go
>to the parks on weekends and sit down and make a book display and chant
>and sell books.  But, the police became disturbed and nearly arrested me,
>as they said chanting is all right, but selling books is not allowed.
>now we just go out on Hari Nama, and I carry books in the car and give
>them out when possible.

Yes. I know how you feel. It is very difficult. We have the whole world against us
and we can't even go to the temple to get the association of the devotees and see
the Deities. The last time I went to the Sydney temple the devotees said if I ever
go there again they would make sure I never walked again... And I think they were
serious too. So it is very difficult. But we can't stop preaching, it is our duty
to Srila Prabhupada, and for me, if I'm not preaching I'm in maya, maya is very
strong. So I want to be always engaged doing something for Srila Prabhupada and
Krishna.

>The saddest thing is that 90% of Srila Prabhupada's disciples are not
>engaged in preaching any more, and most don't follow thier vows at all.
>I feel this is more painful to Srila Prabhupada than anythign else,
>because in his final months he said so many times how important it was to
>protect his devotees.

Yes. Its not really their fault in many cases. ISKCON has failed to provide them
with the proper spiritual guidance. So they are all mostly lost and unhappy in
material life with nowhere to turn to for support in their Krishna
consciousness...

>A "limb" of the Centennial program is to "Reunite Prabhupada's Family",
>but factually I don't see it happening on any large or even small scale.

They just want to find them and get money from them! I don't think they are
serious about helping them spiritually. I know this sounds sarcastic but after the
way they have treated me and many other devotees I am tired of them and their
empire-building and disciple gathering programs...

>Maybe your news section where devtoees can communicate quickly amongst
>themselves can help?

I don't think that is the answer. To be "devotees" outside the association of
devotees is not an easy thing. Srila Prabhupada wanted the devotees living
together, getting up for mangal aroti, chanting 16 rounds, following the
principles and fully engaged in Krishna's service. That is the starting point. But
ISKCON doesnt want it any more.. They want to make it a "Hindu Church".

I don't know what the answer is. I only know that the most powerful and important
thing is the Holy Name. So I am chanting Hare Krishna and using all my energy to
preach, that is all I can do. I am ready to go back and serve in ISKCON at any
time if they would let me. But in the meantime I will just try and preach the best
I can. It is not much but it is something and it keeps me busy and out of maya.

Thank you for your letter. I very much value communication with devotees and I
hope you can do something there in Bangkok. It doesn't really matter about the
problems. We can still distribute books, preach, go on Hari-Nam and cook and
distribute prasadam. Krishna is still there and the potency is still there.

Hare Krishna!

Your servant