Betraying Jesus Christ by taking to Krishna consciousness?

Dear Brad

Hello. Hare Krishna!

Yes. Seeing God is not such a cheep thing... We have to become qualified to see

Him. We have come here, to the material world, in a rebellious mood. We want to

become the enjoyer, the supreme person ourselves, that is the material disease.

But we are servants of God, Krishna -- we should use all our energy to serve

Him, to give Him pleasure.

Chanting Hare Krishna always works, but in the beginning we can't appreciate

it. Our hearts are so covered by the reactions to our sinful activities in the

past and our material concept of life that it takes some cleaning of the heart

before we can appreciate the chanting. But the way to clean the heart is by

chanting... there is no other way. So keep chanting!

"All glories to the sri-krishna-sankirtana [chanting of Hare Krishna], which

cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years and extinguishes the

fire of conditional life of repeated birth and death. This sankirtana movement

is the prime benediction for humanity at large because it spreads the rays of

the benediction moon. It is the life of all transcendental knowledge. It

increases the ocean of transcendental bliss, and it enables us to fully taste

the nectar for which we are always anxious.

"O my Lord, Your holy name alone can render all benediction to living beings,

and thus you have hundreds and millions of names, like Krishna and Govinda. In

these transcendental names You have invested all Your transcendental energies.

There are not even hard and fast rules for chanting these names. O my lord, out

of kindness You enable us to easily approach You by Your holy names, but I am

so unfortunate that I have no attraction for them.

"One should chant the holy name of the Lord in a humble state of mind, thinking

oneself lower than a straw in the street; one should be more tolerant than a

tree, devoid of all sense of false prestige, and should be ready to offer all

respect to others. In such a state of mind one can chant the holy name of the

Lord constantly.

"O almighty Lord, I have no desire to accumulate wealth, nor do I desire

beautiful women, nor do I want any number of followers. I only want Your

causeless devotional service, birth after birth.

"O son of Maharaja Nanda [Krishna], I am Your eternal servitor, yet somehow or

other I have fallen into the ocean of birth and death. Please pick me up from

this ocean of death and place me as one of the atoms at Your lotus feet.

"O my Lord, when will my eyes be decorated with tears of love flowing

constantly when I chant Your holy name? When will my voice choke up, and when

will the hairs of my body stand on end at the recitation of Your name?

"O Govinda! Feeling your separation, I am considering a moment to be like

twelve years or more. Tears are flowing from my eyes like torrents of rain, and

I am feeling all vacant in the world in Your absence.

"I know no one but Krishna as my Lord, and He shall remain so even if He

handles me roughly by His embrace or makes me brokenhearted by not being

present before me. He is completely free to do anything and everything, for He

is always my worshipful Lord, unconditionally."  (Sri Sri Siksastaka -- Prayers

by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

                            [ Sudarsana ] [Image]

                 Christ and Krishna - the Name is the Same

This article can be found at /~balarama/a026.html