Drugs

> i do except that srila prabhupada was a pure represenative of God,

> but i think when it came to psychedelics he was dealing with an area

> he had not been taught to deal with.  i guess perhaps it all comes

> down to what you think happens on an lsd trip.  i can definatly say

> i would never be writing you or even thinking about krishna if it

> wasn't for things i expirenced while on lsd.  i think it is similar

> to the awakening of the kudalini which in itself can never lead to

> elightenment, it has to have teaching behind it but certainly you

> wouldn't say an awakened kundalini if properly used is bad.  i know

> that realization comes from the soul not from the chemical and i

> don't take lsd to be the end all be all to spirituality but just a

> tool which can but doesn't have to be used.  i see it as showing you

> the window, giving you a quick peek at what is possible, whether or

> not you choose to move toward the door is a decision that has to be

> made.  it seems like you are coming from an angle that lsd is being

> used for enlightenment, which it is not because its not.  i know

> that.  i also know that there is risk if one becomes to attached to

> that chemical.  its not the chemical its me that makes all the

> progress, i could easily say just imagine this room full of books to

> but you don't deny books are good.  in the end all things have to be

> abandoned as we move into are true spirtual form.  something like

> lsd which carries us deeper into concsiousness can help us to

> deprogram our materialistic desires and let the pure desire for

> krishna shine through with time.  its just some thoughts.  i think

> it would be interesting to give some lsd to a enlightened being,

> which has been done in buddhism with interesting results, within the

> krishna conciousness movement.  well just some thoughts, i mean no

> animosity at all.  thanks

Hello. Hare Krishna..

If you accept Srila Prabhupada is a pure representative of God then

you have to accept that he knows about everything as well. God knows

everything -- that is the nature of God -- so Srila Prabhupada, as a

pure representative of God is a transparent via-medium. It means Srila

Prabhupada is not speaking his own personal ideas, he is just

presenting the pure knowledge that has descended to him through the

disciplic succession of spiritual masters form Krishna. So he is not

different from Krishna -- hearing form him is as good as hearing from

Krishna personally. So if Prabhupada says that drugs were are not

necessary for spiritual life, that they can not produce spiritual

consciousness, and that all drug-induced religious visions are simply

hallucinations, then we, as disciples of Srila Prabhupada, accept

that. There is no question of saying "Prabhupada doesn't understand

LSD". Prabhupada is a transparent via-medium to Krishna, so Krishna is

speaking actually, that's why we worship Srila Prabhupada on the same

level as Krishna. Of course Krishna knows everything about LSD because

He made it. He knew people would want such things so He made them...

Of course some people may have their minds opened by LSD, some may

also have their minds blown away by LSD, it is an uncertain thing. As

for a liberated devotee taking LSD, a devotee would never do such a

thing. We are completely happy with Krishna consciousness, we have no

desire to change our consciousness anymore. You only take LSD because

you are dissatisfied with your present consciousness, but a liberated

devotee is always in samadhi, always enjoying ever increasing

spiritual bliss [it is called anandam buddhi vardhanam..] so he is not

interested in some temporary chemically induced state of mind.

The important thing is LSD is temporary. So it is not spiritual.

Spiritual means eternal, perminant. So with LSD you might go up -- but

you have to come down again -- but with Krishna consciousness you go

up and keep going up eternally... you never come down... anandam

buddhi vardhanam, an ever-increasing ocean of transcendenatal bliss...

I appreciate that you have accepted the risks of taking LSD. All these

chemically induced states of mind are created at the cost of many,

many brain cells. So taking LSD is killing your brain and if you kill

your brain you can no longer understand spiritual knowledge... So it

is not a good thing at all. Of course someone may have taken LSD in

the past, that is one thing, but once we come to Krishna consciousness

such things are in the past -- we have no desire for them any more. So

you should more seriously chant the Hare Krishna maha-mantra, follow

the four regulative principles and read Srila Prabhuapda's books. Then

gradually you will discover that unlimitedly incereasing ocean of

transcendental bliss...

So chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Your servant