Animal Liberation

> I I'm doing some soul searching and wondering if you could help me find
>th right path to take with animal liberation I don't want any violence
>but some say desperate times take desperate measures! Please help me find
>the best way to handle the situation.

Dear Ryan

Hello. Hare Krishna!!

It's not possibe to liberate the animals unless we change the consciousness of
the animals who are killing the animals... So this "animal liberation" movement
is not that useful. The idea is nice. But mostly the meat-eaters won't change
because of it and violence is not the answer. Krishna consciousness is the
answer... I was a meat-eater before I became a devotee but as soon as I was
chanting Hare Krishna for a little while I could very clearly see what was
going on and I could smell the rotten flesh whenever I went past a place
selling meat... so I lost my taste for it completely... But one needs a higher
taste. You need to experience something better... So Krishna prasadam,
delicious vegetarian foods cooked and offered to Krishna with love are so
satisfying, purifying and tasty that one will never want to eat meat again...
And if no one wants to eat meat where will be the question of killing animals?

So the real solution to the problem is to spread this Krishna consciousness
movement... So we need thoughtful people like you to understand what it is, to
become sincere devotees and to preach... To cook nice vegetarian foods with
love and devotion, to offer them to Krishna for Krishna's pleasure and to
distribute Krishna's remnants, Krishna Prasadam to everyone... It's so nice.
Who would have thought you could advance spiritually just by eating nice,
delicious vegetarian food? It really is Krishna's mercy..

>p.s. I follow the vegan diet and try to avoid as many animal products as
>I can but it just doesn't seem like enough?!

No. It's not enough. Krishna says in the Bhagavad-gita that one who eats food
prepared for himself eats only sin. So even if you are a vegetarian that is
still sinful... There is still some sinful reaction there. It is not as bad as
meat eating, of course... The only way to become free from the sinful reaction
if to cook for God, Krishna. If you do everythhing for Krishna there is no
karma, no reaction... When we generate karma... even good karma we have to come
back to this material world to enjoy or suffer the result... But we don't want
to come back... It is a miserable place: birth, old age, disease and death...
We want to go back home, back to Godhead -- the spiritual world...

Anyhow write back and tell me what you think.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!