Re: Animal Liberation

>    Well I understand that animal liberation is actually animal (humans)

>liberation from their ignorance. But how do you go about preparing food

>for Krishna! Or I guess "offer" it to him?

>                                                  Sincerely   Ryan

Dear Ryan

Hello. Hare Krishna!

You've made a very good point. The real "animal liberation" is to liberate the

animals from the material concept of life an raise them to the spiritual

platform -- to liberate the soul. That is the purpose of this Krishna

consciousness movement. Of course we are basically speaking to the two-legged

animals (the human beings) and trying to elevate them to the actual human

platform but this process (hearing the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra

and tasting the foodstufs offered to Krishna) is equally benefical for the

four-legged animals also. They can hear so if they hear the Hare Krishna mantra

they will benefit.

As for offering food to Krishna, we offer the food to Srila Prabhupada then he

offers it to Krishna via the disciplic succession. (IE he offers it to his

spiritual master, and so un all the way back to Krishna.) So for Srila

Prabhupada to accept our offerings we have to be a little serious in following

the principles of Krishna consciousness. There are for basic rules:

1.      No illicit sex life

2.      No meat eating

3.      No gambling

4.      No intoxication

and we also vow to chant at least 16 rounds of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra

daily. So in the beginning it may seem difficult to give up these things and

chant 16 rounds, but we have to do it if we are seriuous about advancing

spiritually. To make spiritual advancement we have to become free from the

bodily concept of life and this is where these principles help. But ultimately

we have to experience some "higher taste", some pleasure greater than any

pleasure we experience within the material world. So we can experience this

pleasure by chanting the Hare Krishna maha-mantra... That is the main thing,

become a fixed-up, sincere devotee, follow the principles and chant 16 rounds

and then Srila Prabhupada and Krishna will be very glad to accept whatever

offerings you cook with love and devotion. The love and devotion has to be

there though. We have to understand Krishna is a person and He can taste the

food we offer to Him and enjoy it as well.

So chant Hare Krishna and be happy!