Re: Torahism

>hi, i just thought of sending you a note to ask if you have ever heard

>of the God-Conscious Movement that practices Torahism. To them the love

>of God is the first principle and duty of man, and the only way to

>become God-Conscious is through the authoratative and world recognised

>ancient scriptures called the Torah - that date from the beginning of

>civilization.

>We also chant, except in the Torah it is referred to as hagah, to

>mutter.

>Hodu la YHWH kitob, hodu la YHWH kitob (praise God for He is Good)

>best regards

>a disciple of Torahism

>hanabi

Dear Hanabi

Hello. Hare Krishna!!

Thanks for visiting the Sudarsana web page and sending some feedback. I have

not heard of Torahisim. There are so many religions. Krishna consiousness is

not actually a "religion". It is not a sectarian religion. It is a scientific

presentation of the absolute truth. It is the process of understanding

ourselves and our relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead,

Krishna. Krishna is also not a sectarian name. Krishna means "the

all-attractive person". It is the perfect description of God. God, Krishna, is

all-attractive. That means He has all attractive qualities in full. He has all

knowledge, He has all strength, He has all fame, He has all beauty, He has all

intelligence and He has all renunciation. So no one with any understanding of

God could argue that Krishna, the all-attractive person, is not God.

Krishna appears at different times and in different places, sometimes

personally and sometimes He sends his representative or son like Lord Jesus

Christ. But His business is always the same:

                    yada yada he dharmasya

                       glanir bhavati bharata

                    abhyuttanam adharmasya

                       tadatmanam srjamy aham

"Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant

of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion--at that time I descend

Myself." (Bhagavad-gita 4.7)

So there are many incarnations of God, Krishna, and They sometimes preach a

little differently according to the time and the audience They are talking to.

But Their business is to get humanity back on the right track. This human form

of life is special, we can use the human body to find answers to the real

problems of material existence: birth, old age, disease and death. But there is

a tendany for us to forget this and become enamored by the empty attractions of

this material world... So Krishna comes here time and again to reexplain the

transcendental science time and time again, that is His mercy.

I would encourage you to read the Bhagavad-gita and the other books of His

Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. You will find them full of

absolute transcendental knowledge. Krishna consciousness is the post-graduate

study for any thoughtful religious person. If you don't believe me just read

the books and find out for yourself. The Vedic scriptures don't begin from the

"Beginning of civilization", they are not a temporary presentation for a

certain planet, time or place. They are eternally existing. They have no

beginning and no end.

So read them and see what you think. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!!