Re: Krishna and the Kali-Yuga

Hello. Hare Krishna!!

Krishna certainly is not an avatara of Visnu..

            ete camsa-kalah punsah

               krsnas tu bhagavan svayam

            indrari-vyakulam lokam

               mrdayanti yuge yuge

"Al the above-mentioned incarnations [of Visnu] are either plenary portions or

portions of the plenary portions of the Lord, but Sri Krsna is the original

Personality of Godhead. All of them appear on planets whenever there is a

disturbance created by the atheists. The ord incarnates to protect the

theists." (Srimad-Bhagavatam 1.3.28)

I have never said Krishna is an incarnation of Visnu. Where have I said that?

Krishna is the Supreme Persoanltity of Godhead, the source of everything --

even the Visnu expansions.

I don't know what you mean by "script based quotations". We are following the

eternal Vedic process. The absolute truth is descending through the disciplic

succession, the param-para. We are following that eternal system and that is

perfect:

            tad viddhi pranipatena

              pariprasnene sevaya

            upadeksyanti te jnanam

              jnaninas tattva-darsinah

"Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master. Inquire from

him submissively and render service unto him. The self-realized solu can impart

knowledge unto you because he has seen the truth." (Bhagavad-gita 4.34)

So that is the process, not my process, not Srila Prabhupada's process, it is

Krishna's process. How can we do something different? We simply accept the

knowledge coming in the disciplic succession and that is perfect. We don't

manufacture new ideas. We simply present Krishna's ideas as they have come to

us through the disciplic succession.

So we agree with you:

     - Krishna is NOT an incarnation of Visnu.

As for the details of the cyclic creation I have only given a one paragraph

summary in that letter you are quoting from. It's not very detailed

information. I have not gone into much detail. But we have all the details. If

you think the figures I have quoted are wrong send me your figures and sastric

quotes supporting them and I will check it out.

Anyhow, chant Hare Krishna and be happy!