Re: what happened?

Dear Rob

Hello. Hare Krishna! All glories to Srila Prabhupada!!

Yes. Thank you for you thoughtful letter. I know these things [criticizm of

godbrothers(other devotees), etc] are not very nice and I try to avoid it as

much as possible. I think if you take the time to read the articles on the

Sudarsana page you will find them all very inspiring. I am not happy with the

direction the email is going in at the moment. I want to get away from talking

about ISKCON and the mess they have created. It speaks for itself. I agree with

you we should talk about Krishna as Srila Prabhupada is always talking about

Krishna it is our responsibility to follow in his footsteps and talk about

Krishna...

So I have taken nottice of the points you have raised and thank you very much.

As for "What Happened to the Hare Krishna's" that is written by public demand.

So many people write to me asking "What Happened to the Hare Krishna's". They

remember the devotees distributing books in the airports and carparks and

chanting Hare Krishna on the streets from the seventies and wonder what

happened to them. Where are they now? So that is the reason for "What Happened

to the Hare Krishna's". I think you will find it is also inspiring in its own

way.

You have to be aware that the Hare Krishna movement has practically disapeared

from public view. When Srila Prabhupada was physically present the devotees

were going out on Hari-nama sankirtana [chanting Hare Krishna] on the streets

of the major cities of the world daily, there were thousands of book

distributors on the streets, parking lots and airports every day, and the

devotees were effulgant! They had shining faces and anyone who saw them could

immediately tell these people had something very special... So all that has

gone now and the people nottice...

ISKCON is not very inspiring today. The temples are empty, the devotees are

miserable and they are trying to turn it into a Hindu church... So if that is

what you want then go for it. But it is certainly not what Srila Prabhupada

established as the International Society for Krishna Consciousness. He wanted a

society of pure devotees so when people vistied they would be come inspired,

purified, enthused and themselves become pure devotees... So it is better the

people know these things otherwise they may become a little confused...

So anyhow I will try and speak more about Krishna and get away from the ISKCON

disaster...

So looking forward to hearing from you again, chant Hare Krishna and be happy!

Madhudvisa dasa

PS: so many people write to me saying they enjoy are are inspired by the

Sudarsana site, your letter is a little out of place among an ocean of

appreciation. So I think you have not really taken very much time to see what

is there. The following letter came with yours and about twenty others today,

the others are all favorable, only you are complaining.