Where do babies come from?

>My roomate is indian(hindu)  His parents tell him that babies come from
>god and not from sex.  I don't believe that, but he is not sure.  Do you
>know enough about hinduism to answer my question.  In the hindu religion
>do couples have sex or is it magical like my roomate is saying.  We are
>having a huge debate over this.  Please write me as soon as possible.

Hello. Hare Krishna...

Actually God is everyone's father. We are all his sons. But the living
entity (the soul) takes shelter within the semen of the man and whe he
has sex with his wif the seed is planted within the womb of the mother
and the child gradually develops. First a pea-like form is there and
gradually the different holes of the body develop and the body forms.
After seven months the child becomes conscious within the womb and after
9/10 months he takes birth...

But we are eternal. The body is born, the body gets old, the body gets
sick and then the body dies... But the soul doesn't die. WE DON"T DIE...
Depending on our consciousness at the time of death we get our next birth
accordingly. If we live like an animal in this life our next life will be
an animals, if we develop Krishna consciousness in this life we will
become Krishna conscious, and our next life will be with Krishna in the
spiritual world... We can also go to heven or hell or even take birth as
an animal or a plant.

hope it helps...

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy