What Proof do you have Krishna was Vegetarian?

>Hare Krishna

>What proof do we have to say that our Lord was vegetarian?

Have you read the Srimad-Bhagavatam?? The Tenth Canto elaborately describes

Krishna's pastimes while He was present on this planet 5,000 years ago. It

includes a detailed description of the food Krshna was being offered... So I

don't have the quotes with me right now but you will not find anything in the

mode of ignorence there. Krishna is offered foods in the sattva, mode of

goodness. Milk and milk products, vegetables, fruits, and grains. Read the

Srimad-Bhagavatam for yourself... (Srila Prabhupada has given us "KRSNA Book",

a natural language English summary study of the Tenth Canto of Sr

imad-Bhagavatam, it is so nicely presented and if you read it everything will

become very clear.

There are elaborate descriptions of Krishna's lunches with his cowherad friends

in the forests of Vrndavana, the feasts prepared for Him by Radharani and the

other gopis and so much more... There is nothing in the mode of ignorence to be

seen anywhere. Everythng is completely in the mode of goodness and when it is

offered to Krishna it becomes suddha-sattva, transcendental to the mode of

goodness.

So we prepare nice foodstufs from grains, fruits, vegetables and milk products

with love and devotion for the pleasure of Krishna, we offer them to Krishna

and we accept the remnants of Krishna's meal as "prasadam", Krishna's mercy.

This is a very nice way to make spiritual advancement. Cook for Krishna, offer

the food to Krishna and then respect the remnants left by Krishna...

           patram puspam phalam toyam

              yo me bhaktya prayacchati

           tad aham bhakty-upahrtam

              asnami prayatamanah

"If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, fruit or water, I

will accept it." (Bhagavad-gita 9.26)

Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!