Re: If god exists, what created god?

In article <D722qn.D67@crash.cts.com>,
roosen@crash.cts.com (Robert Roosen) wrote:

> 	This "God", as I understand it, is a term that Einstein made
> popular in his discussions with other physicists.  I heard that when
> Einstein said, "Der lieber Gott nicht werfelt," (God doesn't shoot
> craps with the universe), Niels Bohr finally told Einstein, "Stop telling
> God what to do".
> 	More to the point, is this God's first attempt at creating a
> universe, or is God experienced at this?

   Firstly the concept of God, a supreme person who is the ultimate
   controller of the universe, certainly was not the creation of
   Einstein. Finding the beginning of the idea of God would be very
   difficult for, unlike anything we have experienced here He is
   eternal.  He has no beginning or end. We also have this same
   eternal nature but we are covered by our material bodies made from
   earth, water, fire, air and ether. Underneath this material
   covering we exist as an eternal spiritual being, a tiny part and
   parcel of the Supreme Being.  We have the same qualities as Him,
   however He has them in unlimited qunatities and we have them in
   minute quantities.

   As far as this creation being God's first, He has a somewhat
   different perspective to us.

"O son of Kunti, at the end of the millennium all material
manifestations enter into My nature, and at the beginning of another
millennium, by My potency, I create them again." (Bhagavad-gita 9.7)

   The creation and annihilation of the material world is cyclic.
   Although this creation has a beginning and an end the cycle is
   eternal. It's just like the seasons, every year we get summer,
   autumn, winter and spring. So this universe is created, it exists
   for some time and is ultimately destroyed. But then another
   creation takes place. This is a great science, this is the real
   science.

   So for God there is no question of this, or for that matter,
   any of His universes, being His first attempt. Since He is eternal
   and the cycle of creation and annihilation is also eternal there
   was no "first time". This is somewhat inconceivable to us only
   because we have no experience of anything eternal.

   God (Krishna, "The all-attractive person") is not only expert at
   creating universes, He is expert at everything and He has always
   been so. He didn't have to learn how to be God from somebody
   else--He is always God, eternally.

--

Madhudvisa dasa          |
                         |   S H E L T E R   I N T E R N A T I O N A L

        Bhakti-yoga or Krishna consciousness is the perfection of yoga.

Follow-Ups: References: