Rocks Falling From the Sky!

dmruofa@aol.com (DMR UofA) wrote:

> madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) writes:

>>Actually it's all about the theory you accept... I have heard a story that
>>many years ago some farmers came into town to report some extraordinary
>>events that had occurred on their farms. They reported there were rocks
>>falling from the sky! So the scientists naturally thought the poor fellows
>>were crazy... How could rocks fall from the sky. It was only when they had
>>a valid scientific theory [these rocks were, of course, the result of
>>volcanic erruptions on the moon!] that they could accept the farmers
>>stories... Of course we now call rocks falling from the sky meteorites and
>>there is no problem.

>Your statements are so flawed that I don't know where to begin. I will be
>brief because I don't care to spend too much of my time getting into a
>senseless argument. First of all there is plenty of proof about the
>location and properties of celestial objects and if you would climb out of
>your cave you might actually trip over it.  You know, we have actually
>sent spacecraft to explore such questions, or have you been asleep during
>the past few decades?  Sorry, I promised myself I wouldn't do that.  Your
>story about the farmers demonstrates the purpose of science - to explain
>phenomena by experimentation, not speculation.  Scientists may
>hypothesize, but they then perform tests to prove or disprove such
>hypotheses. By the way, you state that "these rocks were, of course, the
>result of volcanic eruptions on the moon!".  So you accept the scientific
>explanation of meteorites?  How self-serving of you!  You continue this
>when you pit scientists against one another.  You try to demonstrate that
>science is invalid by using the very thing that you are attempting to
>invalidate.  What is going on here?   Your information about red-shift
>needs to be researched a bit more (as if it was researched in the first
>place!).  I have yet to come accross an explanation of red-shift that does
>not explain the appearance of the Earth as the center of the universe.
>Try something : take a balloon and place dots all over it;you can take
>these dots to represent planets, galaxies or whatever; now slowly blow it
>up - each dot is moving away from all the others, but which one is the
>center?...

This is not the current "Article of Faith" from the "Big Bang Cosmology
Priesthood"... It is seriously flawed... If you take a pen and mark dots
on a balloon and start to inflate it, relatively speaking, the dots don't
get further apart... They get bigger and fainter, the space between them
gets bigger and all the other dots get bigger and fainter... If you were
one of those dots you wouldn't notice a thing (except that your friends
and everything around you were gradually disapearing....)

It requires a new cosmology altogether.. the "big bang/big crunch" won't
do at all. What happens in the "Dots on an Inflating Balloon Cosmology" is
the dots (take them as planets, universes, etc) expand until ultimately
they become indistinguishable from the very fabric of the universe...
Eventually the universe just fades to black... [the Buddhists would like
this one...]

So they have replaced the dots with ants! But there are problems with the
ants as well...

I guarantee if I post the same message in five years time [if the internet
still exists, if astronomers still exist, if the planet still exists...]
the replies will be completely different.

My point is it has nothing to do with the universe at all. It depends on
the world-view one accepts. If your world-view puts the earth in the
center of the universe you will take the observed red-shifts as
confirmation of this. No one would even think of the ants on the balloon!
But because your world-view can't accommodate this you have to find an
alternative which is more palatable...

The big bang is in your heads... it's not in the universe!

>>So our "scientific" view of the world and the world itself are two
>>completely different things. Currently we see science struggling to fit
>>the universe inside their "big bang" cosmology. But it just won't fit! The
>>observed evidence disproves the theory in so many ways. I don't have to
>>present this evidence as scientists who are much more qualified than me
>>have already done it so nicely. You can refer to Eric Lerner's "The Big
>>Bang Never Happened" and many other books. He defeats the big bang
>>cosmology and goes on try and establish another cosmology - the "plasma"
>>universe. His refutation of the big bang is excellent but his replacement
>>for it is not very satisfying...

>>So despite the fact their theory can't explain the the observed universe
>>they still are still "preaching" it... It's incredible. It's not science
>>at all. It's blind faith in a dogma which has been clearly and
>>scientifically  disproven by scientists who have broken away from this
>>blind faith in the "big bang".

>>So why are so many "intelligent" men maintaining "blind faith" in a dogma
>>that clearly does not explain the observed universe? It's because there is
>>no clear alternative other than the traditional one that God created the
>>universe. This "theory" can be stated in modern scientific terms using
>>Mandelbrot's fractal theory  and common sense. It is reasonable to assume
>>things happen on different scales in a similar way. We see a small
>>universe [a child] created from life [the father and mother], similarly it
>>is reasonable to assume that the universe [a big body] was created from
>>life. [God] This is a complete scientific "theory" and completely explains
>>the observed universe. Some people may choose not to accept it as their
>>world-view, that is one thing, but no one can claim it is invalid. However
>>the "big bang" cosmology has been scientifically proved to be clearly
>>wrong.

>>Now we only have one valid theory for the creation, that God created the
>>world. So it is my humble request that religious people take strength from
>>this and resist the attempts by science to destroy the world's faith in
>>God with their baseless and illogical theories.

(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      http://www.krishna.org

Quotes from His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
(c)Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

Follow-Ups: References: