My Apoligies to the Swami...

In article <3sao8d$nts@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, davidcs@psych.psy.uq.oz.au (David Smyth) says:

>In article <3s8bj6$ao3@dingo.cc.uq.oz.au>, madhudvisa@krishna.org (Madhudvisa dasa       ) says:
>>
>>dp025@un.seqeb.gov.au ( DAVID PRITCHARD) wrote:
>>
>>> To all you sceptical types out there let me just say that not only has
>>>Mad' baby _seen_ the light...he's actually gone _faster_ than it.....and
>>>y'all shoulda seen the red-shift effect on his saffron robe!!! Outasite!!!
>>>  :-)  :-)
>>> Luv yaz all!
>>>   Bear
>>
>>Dear David,
>>
>>Thanks for the input... My theory doesn't really have an edge... but
>>that's another story. My sister just sent me a photo she took so I put it
>>on my home page at /sudarsana  The red-shift didn't
>>come out very well though...
>>
>>Chant Hare Krishna and be happy!
>>

>>Thank you. Hare Krishna!
>>
>>Madhudvisa dasa
>>(madhudvisa@krishna.org)      http://www.krishna.org
>>
>>Quotes from His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada
>>(c)Bhaktivedanta Book Trust
>>

>Everybody here is talking about relativity, rotating frames of reference,
>speed of light etc.  All you need do is place a large pendulum anywhere
>on the planet (except at or near the equator) and you may observe the
>earth rotate beneath it.  But I guess Swami Mad-what's-his-name will just
>define the pendulum as the rest-of-the-universe other than earth and say
>it is attached to the rotating stars.  Even though it is here on dear old
>centre-of-the-universe planet earth.  This guy has obviously fallen out
>of a very tall tree and no matter what you say he is going to be blissfully
>happy with the thorough completeness of his ignorance.
>
>Dave

I just know the physicists are going to tell me what I just said is
incorrect - and they are right according to General Relativity.  The
pendulum would rotate due to gravitational effects of the rest of the
rotating universe if the earth was stationary.  My apologies to
the Swami (even if I still think he did fall out of a very tall tree).

Dave

Follow-Ups: References: